Salpha Energy is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other financial reports.
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts.
- Report organization’s finances to management and offer suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Responsible for tax management, including filing.
- Responsible for customer account reconciliation and accounts receivables.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree / HND with 2 – 7 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 21st December, 2020.