Vagan Oil and Gas Limited is a Nigerian Private Limited liability Company registered under the companies Acts of 1990. In line with the policies of the Nigerian service provision. The Company core area of operation is to provide a broad spectrum of services ranging from Engineering, pipeline & Flowline construction / Repairs, Facility piping and maintenance, Wellhead & Christmas tree maintenance and servicing, Composite wrap technology, Equipment & offshore/Marine Supplies, Technical Manpower supply, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
- Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
- Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
Requirement / Experience
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like Sage and Quick Books.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree.
- Additional certification (ACA) is a plus.
- A good University degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance or social sciences.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Finance related Roles.
- Communication skill.
- Performance Management.
- Financial Management.
- Relationship Management.
- Quality Standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Manage petty cash systems; disbursements and claims.
- Tracking Payments to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control
- Processing Tax payments and returns
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems
- To oversee the preparation of annual and project-specific budgets for the unit and exercise control over expenditure.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Deadline: 26th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.