Prime Services FZE is a member of Jagal Energy, a leading indigenous Nigerian energy services company. Our business focus is providing an end-to-end flexible workforce outsourcing solution which involves fixed term recruitment and mobilization and support of skilled Nigerians with credible oil and gas expertise.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Buyer/ Expeditor
Job Type: Contract
- To procure goods, services and works in line the organizational SOP to ensuring that the company operational needs are met, taking into account, quality, price, delivery / payment terms and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Reporting Line: Procurement Manager
- Procure goods, services and works in line with the approved organizational SOP.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Provides on bid analyses on cost, negotiate new and existing cost for optimal cost reduction without detriment to the quality of goods, services and works.
- Prepares and update the Procurement tracker and provides weekly purchase order report to the Procurement Manager.
- Work closely with others in the Procurement functions and review opportunities for continuous improvements and business improvements.
- Understand the effective application of RFx (RFI, RFQ and RFP) and ITT
- Understand the use of Procurement software
- Act as an interface between the vendors / Subcontractor and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
- Pre-qualification of Vendors, Contractors/Subcontractors in line with organizational SOP
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with Vendors and Subcontractors and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practices tools and methods.
- Ensure adherence to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure safety and wellbeing of self, colleagues and vendors /subcontractors.
- Proactive liaison between the Subject Matter Experts and Service Providers/Vendors.
- Prepare and issue Work Order to potential vendors, contractors and subcontractors.
- Verify the completeness of Contract milestones and deliver completion certificates toService providers/Contractors/Subcontractors after completing Sub-contract works.
- Formulate & ensure that all warranties, performance bonds etc.. are duly in place in accordance with the terms of the Contract/Subcontracts.
- Expedite action with Vendors/Service provider to ensure timely delivery of Goods and Services in accordance with the terms of the Purchase Order /Contract.
- Ensure good buyer-supplier relationship without conflict of interest.
- Undertake continuous research and evaluate existing and new suppliers for improvement of the Approved vendors List.
- Safeguard and ensure the company is not expose to any risk of whatsoever.
- Any other assigned role from time to time.
- B. Sc / HND in Social Science
- 3 – 5 years cognate experience in Supply Chain Role
- Membership of CIPSMN is an added advantage.
- Analytical Skills
- Solutions focus and Result oriented
- Good ethical behavior
- Effective communication and Negotiation Skills
- Knowledge of MS Excel and ERP software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online