Cowrywise is a digital wealth management platform democratising access to savings and investment products for the underserved but growing millenials in Africa. Joining us would mean being part of an interdisciplinary team dedicated to a lofty vision of building the next-generation wealth management platform for Africans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist
Job Type: Full time
About this position
- In achieving our goal of making wealth management accessible to Africans, we work with a lot of data from different sources. We are looking for a Data scientist who will make these data fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. You will help us analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns and use them to optimize our performance. You will build data products to extract valuable business insights, analyze trends, and help us make better decisions. We are looking for someone passionate about answering tough questions with data.
- Design, build, and manage data pipeline infrastructure that will power our products and our internal analytics tools.
- Build robust data models, reports, and visualizations to support the business
- Create predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Identify the needs of the business and product teams, and come up with appropriate data-driven solutions.
- Identify the required data needed by the analytics tools and work with the engineering team to ensure such data is collected and available to produce relevant business insights.
- Work with the product teams to create new products and features based on derived insights from data.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working as a data scientist, developing data pipelines and analytics.
- Experience involving using quantitative data analysis to solve real-world problems.
- You are skilled and experienced in extracting insights from data and communicating such insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- You have a solid grounding in SQL and Python and are comfortable using them every day. You enjoy exploring data, designing and evaluating machine learning models.
- You are a team player and you enjoy working with a diverse group of people to solve problems.
- Experience with open-source data science/machine learning, analytics tools, libraries, and frameworks like Scikit learn, Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scipy, Tensorflow etc
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online