A reputable leading global Professional Institute in Nigeria with interest and focus on producing world-class professionals, regulate and continually enhance their ethical standards and technical competence in the public interest seeks to recruit confident and well-experienced individuals with requisite skills, experience and exposure to assume the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Registrar, Technical Services
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Reporting to the Registrar / Chief Executive, the Deputy Registrar, Technical Services will be saddled with responsibility of providing leadership and support across key areas including but not limited to designing directorates plan, daily administration, providing support for directorate committees, people management and public representation
- The ideal match for the role will be a vast and experienced professional with a pedigree in providing leadership and champion innovations towards the overall growth of the institute.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Draw up work plan for the Directorate based on strategic areas identified in the office of the Registrar providing overall intellectual leadership and guidance for the technical services division Develop and implement a growth focused strategy whilst improving systems and processes and creating operational efficiency.
- Attends Council meetings for follow-up on Council decisions on technical areas supervised and provides support for the Registrar at the meeting and Champion shaping and maintaining the relationship with the Regulators/Regulating bodies
- Prompt response to advocacy papers issued to public comments. Contribute to Institute’s Public Hearing submissions.
- Oversees the general administration of key technical functions of the secretariat in the following areas: Technical and Education, Members’ Professional Development, Faculties, Examinations, Membership Affairs and Students’ Affairs
- Managing and supervising the functions and actions of committees. Serving as secretary to committees and regularly submitting reports to council.
- Sets measurable targets for the directorates and technical support areas supervised within the general objectives of the Institute for agreed appraisal period and provides the required guidance and support for meeting the targets
- Bi-annual Performance Appraisal for direct reports carried out
- Relates frequently with the Presidency, Council, Registrar, the Deputy Registrar (Corporate Services) and other management staff especially those in the technical division
- Relates with affiliate bodies, other professional institutes, academics and the Institute’s members
- Provide authoritative advice on relevant regulatory/legal laws and actively promote legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- You will need to be a charismatic and visionary leader with experience strategic design planning and execution
- Have strong administrative capability with a strong stakeholder management and engagement skills; strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage a high-performing organisation.
Key Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of an M.Sc. or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics but a Ph. D or its equivalent will offer a distinct advantage
- Must be a Chartered Accountant
- Should possess at least fifteen (15) years relevant post professional qualification experience.
- 7 – 10 years minimum managerial experience
- Should be IT proficient with a consultation skills.
- Expert knowledge of research in Economics, Accounting and Finance.
- Experience hiring, training and managing research fellows and members of the directorate
- Proven experience with delivery on timelines and achieving strategic goals/targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated capacity to work cooperatively and in partnership with diverse groups, while sensitively balancing the requirements of these groups
- Experience developing and managing directorates budget.
Deadline: 25th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Deputy Registrar, Technical Services” as the subject of the email.
- All applications will be treated in confidence
- Only eligible candidates will be contacted.