Apata & Ascott Limited – Our client, a leading Composite Insurance Company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Director, Technical & Operations
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A leading Composite Insurance Company with head office in Lagos and a well-spread branch network across Nigeria, is currently seeking for result-oriented top – drawer executives to join its Management Team in Executive Director, Technical/Operation capacity.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for formulating and implementing company’s underwriting and reinsurance policies, maximizing business opportunities, formulating and developing long term product strategies, developing corporate product policies, advising on investment decisions, etc. Specifically,
The candidate will:
- Negotiate and procure reinsurance treaties for the company.
- Provide the required hands-on leadership in all technical and operational matters
- Provide leadership on all ICT related issues affecting the company’s operations
- Advise the Managing Director and Board on technical matters.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the insurance laws & regulations.
- Organize appropriate training programs for all technical staff.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports bordering on technical matters to aid Executive Management decisions.
- Act as a relief officer for the CEO when the latter is unavailable
- Prepare revenue budgets for the company’s technical operations.
- Prepare technical inputs to management and financial accounts.
- Properly guide and motivate personnel involved in technical operations.
- Closely monitor trends and developments on technical issues in the insurance market.
Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
- A good first degree (Minimum of Second Class Lower or Upper Credit) in Insurance, Actuarial Science or Finance.
- Strong understanding of Insurance and managerial best practices.
- Demonstrable skills in Information Technology as applicable to insurance business
- Ability to develop and drive a rapidly growing technical portfolio
- Between 40 years and 45 years of age (this could be waived slightly in exceptional cases).
- Minimum of 15 years’ cognate experience, 10 of which must be at Management level in an insurance company, 8 of which must have been at executive management level Special skills in negotiations
- Professional membership of ACII (acquired not less than 8 years) or equivalent is a necessary requirement for this position Master’s degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage
Deadline: 25th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send in a detailed Resume to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Qualified applicants are encouraged to read and follow the instructions carefully.