Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped over 500,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Logistics Manager
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Country Director
- The Finance & Logistics Manager is the top financial position in the Nigeria office and is a member of the country office Senior Management Team (SMT).
- The Finance & Logistics Manager is responsible for ensuring that all finance and logistics policies and procedures are in place and correctly implemented.
- The Finance & Logistics Manager works closely with Director, Field Finance, HQ finance and program teams and is responsible for communicating to HQ Controller all financial and compliance matters. This position is also responsible for overseeing the Procurement and Logistics.
- The Finance and Logistics Manager position requires a broad skill set including the ability to work strategically with senior management, review financial statements, make Sage Intact entries, and facilitate other financial and logistical transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Accounting, Financial Management & Reporting:
- Assist Country Director and SMT with budget preparation, budget analysis, and forecasting.
- Provide HQ and SMT with timely and accurate Budget vs. Actual analysis reports, including explanations of variances.
- Disseminate and train staff on new coding of new grants and projects as they are initiated or discontinued for use on time-sheets and coding of vouchers. Also distribute account coding guidelines to staff and verify proper coding of vouchers received prior to data entry.
- Responsible for monthly financial close and reporting including standard financial statements and grant level reporting.
- Implement, monitor, and evaluate internal controls and compliance procedures.
- Carry out primary communication to HQ and Country Director about finance and logistical issues.
- Manage cash flow, including timely fund requests to HQ. Oversee the management of the country office petty cash fund and bank accounts, including monthly reconciliation.
- Ensure that Annual Audit is carried out in a timely manner as required by the organization.
- Maintain and monitor an effective Country Office filing system including but not limited to bank documents, withdrawal slips, transfer records, bank statements, invoices, time-sheets, and payroll records.
- Ensure that the internal control procedures and donors’ regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup for US A-133 compliance.
- The Finance and Logistics Manager will have access to sensitive and confidential information and is expected to act with utmost discretion and integrity.
- Work closely with the HR & Administration Manager to ensure that Country Office payroll is done in compliance with national tax and labor regulations.
- Manage time-sheets for the country office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
- Ensure the monthly payroll allocation entries are properly calculated, coded, and entered appropriately into accounting system, including review and approval of time-sheets by individual supervisors of allocations to specific grants and projects.
Logistics, IT & Telecommunications:
- Oversee all procedures pertaining to WfWI Nigeria transport and delivery of goods to project sites, including customs clearance, shipping and cargo handling, as applicable.
- Oversee the WfWI Nigeria IT and telecommunications systems ensuring that the office has appropriate and reliable means of communication.
- Responsible for standardization of all communication equipment and procedures (internet service provision and usage protocol, cellular and satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, etc.) throughout the WfWI Nigeria office.
- Ensure compliance with WfWI Field Operations Manual (FOM), and other logistics policies and procedures, and suggest revisions as and when necessary.
- Serve as focal point for WfWI Nigeria IT issues, seeking technical support from the HQ IT unit and contracted IT consultants as needed; manage the internet service provision contract.
- Ensure compliance of local staff with IT usage policies.
- Oversee the periodic replacement and upgrade of computers, servers, networks and communications equipment in accordance with HQ guidelines.
- Participate in policy-setting discussions with the Senior Management Team and HQ and communicate policies to local staff.
- Make recommendations for enhancements to policies and procedures to create operational efficiencies and represent the office during global finance meetings and cross-functional policy development working groups.
- Participate in strategy development and annual operational planning and budgeting of the country office.
- Performance manage direct reports in line with Women for Women International’s performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, development plans, performance appraisal and regular 1:1 meeting regarding progress throughout the year.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training to subordinates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree and other Post-graduate qualification in finance, accounting or business management
- CPA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent designation is preferred
- At least seven (7) years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance position with full accounting and budgeting responsibilities preferably within the INGO environment, including at least three (3) years in a management role
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation, and email along with data entry experience; proficiency in Sage Intact is desired
- Demonstrated experience supervising subordinates is required
- Knowledge in logistics management and procurement is highly desired
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent ICT skills is required
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion is required
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and to take initiative
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
Deadline: 5th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter and 3 professional references to: email@example.com using “Finance and Logistics Manager” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries please.