Cowrywise is a digital wealth management platform democratising access to savings and investment products for the underserved but growing Millenials in Africa. Joining us would mean being part of an interdisciplinary team dedicated to a lofty vision of building the next-generation wealth management platform for Africans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job type: Full-Time
About this Role
- We are looking for a Finance Manager to strengthen our team as we march to our next growth phase. You will be responsible for analysing everyday financial activities and keep a tab on the financial health of Cowrywise.
- You will lead the development of financial reports, budget and strategies to guide executives in making sound business decisions in the short and long term.
- This role requires an experienced finance professional who is able to combine strategy with execution flawlessly.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- BSc and or MSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics from reputable institutions.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, ACCA or similar will be strongly considered.
- A keen analytical eye, and extensive experience building integrated financial models from scratch (in Excel or other planning applications).
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and a willingness to proactively work with functions across the company.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Highly comfortable with a fast-paced and growing work environment.
- Interest in fintech and hungry to learn
As a crucial member of the finance team, you will be responsible for:
- Collecting, interpreting and reviewing financial information
- Developing long-term business plans based on these reports
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets
- Developing strategies that work to minimise financial risk
- Oversee operations of the finance team, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Developing trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Reporting to management and stakeholders, and providing advice on how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
- Developing financial reports and interpreting financial information to management and stakeholders while recommending further courses of action.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We do not expect that all applicants would have all the desired skillsets. You will be given strong consideration if you are particularly exceptional in few and have some interest and capabilities in others.