Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Supervisor
Location: Monguno, Borno
Contract Start Date: ASAP
Contract Duration: 8 months (with possible extension)
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119 913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Kroskawa LGA.
- Under the direct supervision of the Health Deputy Project manager, the Health Supervisor provides patients management in collaboration with Midwife and other team members.
- S / he follows PUI protocols and standards to ensure quality and continuity of care, promotion and restoration of health of the patients and population, ensure supervision of care
Responsibilities and Task
- Ensure consultations and nursing duties organization, including triage, dressings, injections, and distribution of drugs according to nurses’ protocols, precautions, hygiene standards, and clinicians’ prescriptions
- Verify on a daily basis that the consultation rooms are provided with necessary equipment and consumables
- Provide technical support to the clinician for diagnoses and management cases
- Assist the clinicians in the management of the referral cases
- Ensure that health education according to the protocols and key messages are well provided
- Evaluate the quality of consultations by assessing clinicians once or twice/month
- Propose any implementation of medical protocols, update it if necessary, and ensure that the medical staff follow it
- Monitor the rational use of medicines and the proper administration of treatments in step with national international protocols
- Ensure smooth implementation and integration of services among the health team and other PUI sector team (MHPSS, SRH, Nutrition, food security, protection)
- Ensure that the work place is clean
- Participate in any other activities such as vaccination, survey, etc…according to the needs
- Organize and monitor the waste management according to the waste management procedures
- Ensure that all administrative procedures and documents (individual patient cards and registration book, referral form, death report from etc.) and existing data management tools are used correctly
Drug and Medical Equipment Management:
- Ensure that PHC is properly supplied with materials and drugs
- Prepare drugs and materials requests in collaboration with the team, DPM and SRH supervisor
- Ensure that expiry dates of drugs are checked
- Ensure that drugs and materials storage respect standard rules (hygiene, notification, stock cards…)
- Ensure that the medical material is clean and sterilized
- Plan Monthly schedule for the team member with DPM and PHC In charge, and follow up
- Manage staff timetable, annual leaves, and attendance sheets
- Organize team work regarding team capacity in order to cover all PHC needs
- Ensure the respect of Première Urgence Internationale rules and inform the DPM of any disrespect of the rules
- Participate in the regular evaluation of medical staff in collaboration with the DPM
- Support the team in its daily work
- Schedule regular meetings with OPD staff to communicate updates and raise challenges encountered by the team
- Debrief any new PUI or MOH staff of the PHC system and regulations
- Ensure training of the medical team in collaboration with DPM
- Ensure training of awareness team in collaboration with HPM
- Assess the need of training
- Assess the level of knowledge after the trainings
- Regularly appraise the performance of clinician team
- Ensure the security rules in the field are respected, the safety of the field officers is guaranteed and the regular communication with the security focal person is maintained
Medical Data Collection and Reporting:
- Ensure that the Medical prescription are readable, dated and signed
- Ensure an accurate daily use and tracking of epidemiological data
- Ensure the tracking of consumption of the drugs and medical materials
- Ensure the good collection on general information about the people living conditions
- Ensure the archiving the documents, tools and training materials in the context of project / s and ensures the availability of the verification sources mentioned in the proposals.
- Work in close collaboration with the deputy health program manager and report all his / her activities, observations and needs
- Report to the DPM / PM any problem in the clinic especially the gap / loss / robbery / damage of medical equipment or medicines or any patient and organizational issue
Internal and External Representation:
- Be the focal point in the PHC with external partners. Explain how the PHC works, difficulties faced, and strengths.
- Ensure verbal and written hand over at every duty shift to the team and emphasize on specific events
- Translates documents and / or interprets conversation when necessary
- Participate actively in meetings as required
NB: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Ensure the quality of care provided to patients in the PUI health facility
- Scale up on the primary health care facility plan should be developed according to the frame
- Assessment on beneficiaries at risk and diagnosed individuals with communicable and non-communicable diseases, other diseases of public health relevant and treat him
- Build the capacity of community health workers, Nurses, Nurses Assistants, Midwives, Registrar on thematic related to death.
- Provide frequent on health – illness patters observed in the facility that require further assessment
- Report to line manager periodically regarding context changes that affect the modality of intervention
- Language skills: Fluent in English and Hausa and good knowledge in Kanuri is an asset
- Education degree: Recognized Nurse Degree (BNSc. or at least certificate level) with national legislation
- Work experience: At least 2 years of experience in Nursing, staff supervision and experience with INGOs
- Knowledge and skills:
- Good knowledge of Communicable and Non Communicable diseases
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good reporting skills
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief:
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Excellent communication, conflict solving and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
- Team Management
- Be available for any emergency
- Ability to make decisions and to exercise authority when required
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Information Management Officer
Location: Maiduguri Coordination Office, Borno
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possible extension)
- Under the supervision of the MEAL Coordinator, the Information Management Officer (IMO) will actively design and oversee data and information management systems at the PUI Nigeria mission level
- Where IM and system gaps exist, the IMO will follow up with staff and set up primary data collection and case management systems as well as protocols for data storage, protection and management
- The IMO will take steps to ensure consistency and quality in the information collected and to promote efficiency in IM, data usage and reporting for the Programs and MEAL teams, based on their needs.
Role and Responsibilities
Information Management System:
- Support the MEAL coordinator in the design and implementation of a country-specific Information Management system to store, analyse and disseminate information based on PUI needs (identified through initial Diagnosis), such as for Vulnerability Assessments and Case Management
- As relevant to the results of the IM Diagnosis, create computerized tools allowing faster M&E tracking and reporting and support the MEAL department in applying these new tools (also can apply for Programs to track project indicators)
- Consider and implement new methods to improve database management at PUI Nigeria, such as using online and offline databases to improve data management
- Implement the PUI Information Management strategy, and more specifically ensure the internal management of information, flows of information, Data Protection guidelines, and other operational requirements for the IM systems
- Work closely with the MEAL Coordinator to ensure consistency and inter-operability between different datasets and sources
- Support the implementation of a document management system for archiving project data
- Contribute to the IM plan for new projects, considering Best Practices in data management and ease-in-use for the MEAL and Program teams
- Ensure data collected is well-organized and easily usable, e.g. clear and easily disaggregated into sex/gender, other required disaggregation – considering how the MEAL and Programs teams will need to analyse and report the data
- Ensure all data collected is consolidated into one central database to be used by programs and MEAL staff effectively, e.g. for Case Management
- Adapt the IM system(s) and strategy based on emerging needs and new programming requirements and indicators; and provide innovative ideas to ensure data collection and case management continues to be as efficient and smooth as possible.
Mobile Data Collection:
- Code and thoroughly test assessment tools for MEAL and Program teams into Kobo or other platform, following the mobile data collection process at PUI
- Provide technical input for tool design in Kobo or other platform, such as form logic, relevancies, constraints, scoring formulas, etc.
- Upload all forms for data collection to the Kobo or platform server
- Review translations of data collection forms entirely, allowing the opportunity to review coherence in the questions, answers, skip logics, etc. and making final changes to the forms
- Download data from the Kobo or platform server, do data cleaning, and share (and archive) the final – clean and compiled – data set with MEAL and Program staff
- Train staff and volunteers on mobile data collection technologies, e.g. tablets, and the form logics; and
- Help monitor data for trends and patterns with the support of program management and MEAL Manager and share relevant key findings.
Data Quality Management:
- Monitor the quality of data in databases, identify missing or inconsistent data, and follow up with the program teams to correct errors and improve data quality for the mission; This includes checking the Kobo or platform server on a weekly basis to review the quality of data collection
- Manage the data collection software account and ensure proper, authorized usage by PUI staff
- Configure tablets and ensure that all tablets OS and software are updated
- Perform regular checks of the equipment and systems to ensure high quality data collection and management.
Trouble Shooting and Capacity Building:
- Provide trainings on the IM system(s) to PUI staff, and follow-up with technical support to improve data quality and data management for MEAL and Program teams
- Train staff on the IM Strategy and how to use the IM system(s)
- Provide technical troubleshooting support to staff as necessary, in a timely manner, about the IM system(s) and mobile data collection technologies, acting as the focal point for all technical troubleshooting and support.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s need.
- Language skills: Fluent in English (speaking, reading, and writing) and in Hausa and knowledge of Kanuri is strongly desirable.
- Education Degree: University Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, Mathematics or Technical Diploma in Computer Science
- Work experience:at least two years’ experience in similar field with NGOs or in private IT companies.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to formulate IM systems, technical requirements and operating procedures
- Demonstrated analytical skills and knowledge of research, information management and analysis processes
- Experience in managing electronic data collection tools such as Kobo, ODK, CommCare and coding form
- Experience with advanced statistical software such as SPSS, InVivo, Stata etc
- Proficient in graphic design software and geographic information system
- Good knowledge of MS-SQL server and SharePoint
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Access (data manipulation and report generation) or any other database platform
- Experience in creating and maintaining databases
- Understanding of data security and protection policies.
- Integrity and loyal to humanitarian principles
- Patience and readiness to triangulate information
- Reliable and rigorous
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details with the ability to manage priorities, take initiative, meet multiple competing deadlines, and work without constant supervision
- Ability to demonstrate clear analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Autonomous and hard working
- Flexible, innovative and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Strong commitment to support and develop the capacity of the colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work within a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 17th November, 2020.
Note: Open to Nigeria Nationals Only (Male / Female).