BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- This position will assist the Finance Manager, Nigeria for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- The position will be responsible of the General Ledger accounting within the perimeter of Nigeria office.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
- Ensure that all documents and information are recorded on-time and accurately in the accountancy system respecting local legal and corporate regulations;
- Provide external finance consulting company with data for legal declarations (VAT, withholding tax,) if any
- Preparation and booking of documents such as prepaid expenses, bank statements, etc;
- Inventory: check inventory & stock take adjustments, standard cost variances
- GL: Payroll entries, local and group adjustments, allocations, accruals
- Control all prepaid expenses and accrued expenses according to statutory and Group rules;
- AR: Check sales integration, book non inventory invoices, challenge Import and Sales Support Specialist on AR bookings
- FA: Book purchase, sale, scrap, depreciations
- Treasury: supplier payments, bank reconciliation, liquidity report, book FX local adjustments
- Assist Finance Manager, Nigeria in the preparation of local and consolidated reports;
- Prepare the monthly statutory declarations within the given deadlines;
- Ensure that all payments are carried out on-time and accurately;
- Closely follow-up the balance sheet: coordinate and supervise the Balance sheet analysis, regular reviews with the Accounting manager;
- Control all calculation and booking of VAT charges, WHT deductions and internal invoices;
- Review and balance, on a monthly basis, all accounts with debtors and creditors;
- Analyze all cost accounts at the month end according to statutory and Group rules and reclassify if necessary;
- Control the cash management and employee expense booking and balancing;
- Revaluate foreign currency accounts;
- Analyze and improve the quality of inferior accounting processes together with Finance Manager, Nigeria;
- Provide support for the external Audit teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in accounting and reporting.
- Professional Accounting certification such as ICAN
- Pro-active and positive-minded;
- Drive for results
- At least 5 years in statutory accounting ie practical experience of bookkeeping
- Ability to prioritize and perform under pressure;
- Good sense of responsibility, discrete and reliable;
- Accurate, efficient, well-organized;
- Professional knowledge of English is required
- Good knowledge of the local taxes, VAT and general accounting practices along with international accounting standards (IAS/IFRS);
- Familiar with accounting software and Excel;
- Respect of MPD standards
- Experience in an international company appreciated (transactions with foreign companies).
- JDEdwards (Peoplesoft Enterprise One) finance, inventory, fixed assets modules and HFM know how is a plus
- Knowledge of French is a plus
- BIC offers a competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates are required to pass a drug test and undergo a security check.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online