Mutual Benefits Microfinance Bank Limited is a leading Microfinance bank with its corporate head office at 10 Apapa Road, Oyingbo, Ebute-metta, Lagos. From inception the bank has tirelessly set the pace for other Microfinance financial institutions to follow; in terms of service quality, product functionality and exceptional customer service. The bank is strategically positioned to offer financial services support to small and micro-enterprises in Nigeria. Since commencement of its operation, the bank has grown from its humble beginning to a mid size microfinance bank making it among the best microfinance bank in Nigeria however the aim of the bank is to be among the best in Africa.
Within the two years of commencement of business activities the bank has expanded from its corporate head office to have seven branches which are strategically located within mainland and the island. The Bank prides itself as a promise keeper to its numerous customers and has been able to endear them by keeping all promises made especially in the area of loan disbursement.
We are recruiting highly experienced professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Business Development – Public Sector
Location: Ebute Metta, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- To Develop and manage the company’s products and all sales activities in assigned market, drive to achieve targets, budgets and results, providing optimum levels of maximum profitability and growth in line with the company’s vision and values. He/She also provides strategic thinking on market penetration.
The specific and general functions of the Head, Business Development – Public Sector are stated below:
Marketing and Sales Management:
- To sell and market all company’s retail loans and asset product in peculiarity of the business in that State.
- Develop a business plan and sales market strategy for the for the bank that ensures attainment of sales and profitability objectives.
- Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the bank.
- Initiates and develop plans to penetrate new markets in the various MDAs within the State.
- Co-ordinates the activities of the DSEs in the bank.
- Research and analyze sales options and identify business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain productive business relationships with all prospects, partners and clients.
- Follow up on loan repayment in accordance to repayment schedule.
- Ensure close relationship with pay masters of parastatals to ensure accurate deduction of loan repayment.
Budget & performance Management:
- To provide daily, weekly and monthly report from all the sales point for the Managing Director
Risk Management and Capacity Development:
- Ensure proper KYC in other to eradicate State NPL and PDOs are within set thresholds and always below company’s average.
- Ensures adherence to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes are communicated within the states of operation.
- Ensure that monthly set target is met and/or exceed by all DSEs.
- Maintains contact with key decision makers within the state and other Federal Government Parastatals to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and business continuity.
- Manage internal relationship within the state.
The minimum entry requirement for this role is:
- Education: A good HND / Bachelor’s degree in a Social Science field, professional qualification and second degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales and similar roles including public sector experience.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of public sector sales and code generation process
- Market research and analytical skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities and must be highly spontaneous.
- Must demonstrate high level of initiative, creativity and ability to think outside the box.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Ability to lead a large sales team and exceptionally achieve set target
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Must have strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Sound knowledge of the industry, market and business.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online