Bizpool Africa – Our client, a British Montesorri School is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Teacher
Location: Lokogoma, Abuja (FCT)
- Must possess B.Sc., HND or B.Ed and also teaching certificate with the Teachers’ Regulation Council.
- Must have worked in an administrative capacity in a school
- Must be smart, creative and must also possess good problem-solving skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be IT savvy and proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools.
- Must be a good team leader
- A Montessorian is an Advantage.
- Formulating overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation.
- Reporting on the school’s performance to a range of audiences, including the Local Education Authority and other education stakeholders.
- Managing classrooms effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and Health & Safety requirements. Ensuring the school is up-to-date with innovations, from teaching practices to new technologies
- Working with the authorities to deploy staff effectively to classes
- Ensuring an infrastructure is in place in which all members of staff and pupils feel they can register their opinions on serious matters, and have a route via which they can communicate problems to senior members of staff
- Lead, motivate and manage staff by delegating responsibility, setting expectations and targets and evaluating staff performance against them.
- Meeting with other education professionals, and representing the school at conferences and other events outside the school
- Motivating, training and disciplining staff
- Ensuring the motivation of the pupils
- To provide educational vision and direction for other teachers teaching in classrooms.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the academic achievement of its pupils
- Assuming responsibility of other matters in the day-to-day running of the school
Deadline: 9th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.