Transport Services Limited (TSL) is a foremost indigenous logistics transportation company that provides customized transportation and logistics solutions. We currently operate out of five locations spread across the Western and Eastern regions of Nigeria providing logistics services to stakeholders in the oil and gas, mining and construction, FMCG and Agricultural sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer
Advocacy and Ensuring Compliance with State and Federal regulations regarding transportation and workplace HSE:
- By enforcing TSL Group HSE Policies, procedure, and process applicable to and in line with TML operational activities and overall HSE policies.
- By implementing TML HSE Transport Management Systems and annual passenger transport HSE plans and programmes (monthly HSE meetings with drivers, HSE toolbox talks, weekly safety assemblies, HSSE training plans, etc.)
- Frequently engaging all employees on pro-active HSE matters, cascade learnings from incidents (LFIs).
- Act as secretary to the HSE Committee of the organization.
Conduct audit, checks/iInspection to identify sub-standard practice/ acts, conditions and equipment and recommend actions to reduce their risk levels:
- Carry out regular inspections of the fleet to ensure roadworthiness and compliance to minimum standards and specifications for operations.
- Monitor driver qualification file; hiring and selection process; on-boarding; route and vehicle familiarization to ensure drivers released for operation are fit and qualified.
- Conduct compliance audits at regulated depots, loading sites, and Institute a site/depot self-inspection protocol for all sites.
- Monitor and report non-compliance and violations by all employees and carry out regular patrol and spot check to identify same for the Captains.
- Keep an up to date register of the fitness to work of Captains and carry out checks and regular inspections to ensure only Captains with requisite trainings, good conduct, medical fitness, et. are assigned buses to drive.
- Carry out regular route audit and hazard assessments to ensure inherent risks are identified, documented and control measures proffered and communicated to the Captains.
Overseeing and implementing the elements of a Crash Management Process including coordination ofmanagement, reporting, investigation, and documentation of incidents:
- Intervene and manage reported incidents to ensure consequence to life, assets, company reputation is reduced to the barest minimum.
- Notify the company of occurrence of incidents and prepare preliminary reports for review and approval before sent to regulators.
- Review accident file contents for accuracy and documents needed
- Be involved in accident investigation and ensure learnings for incidents for prevention are implemented.
- Provide a comprehensive & accurate monthly report containing appropriate metrics and assure proper accountability is delivered for preventable accidents.
Developing materials and conducting training for Captains in the implementation of the TransportationSafety Management System and Mentoring the competency of managers in safety management practices, protocols, and procedures:
- Develop training plan and matrixes for Captains and all employees applicable to TML operations.
- Ensure Captains Defensive Driving Training (DDT) is valid and not expired and where involved in incident, rehabilitation training is organized.
- Organize any other specific training required or discovered based on route risk or any external factors identified.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. qualification
- 3-4 years of experience in HSE or Vehicle/Fleet Management
- Minimum ISPON Level III or NEBOSH IGC Membership
Deadline: 30th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online