GE Gas Power engineers cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, powering growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Our leading technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity thanks to our talented people, who make gas work for our customers, stakeholders and the world. Through relentless innovation and continuous partnership with our customers, we are building the energy technologies of the future and providing the cleaner, more efficient power people depend on today.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Analyst – ECGIP
Ref Id: R3543086
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Category: Digital Technology / IT Co-Op/Intern
Relocation Assistance: No
Job Description Summary
- The DT Internship offers students placement opportunities for 12 months in GE Power. The DT internship consists of an intensive combination of on the job training in various technologies and opportunities for exposure across multiple information technology concepts, finance, leadership, and business skills.
Internship follows one of the tracks listed below:
- IT Project Management (Scrum Master, Business Analyst, Digital Operations, Project Manager)
- Software development (Programming, Data & Analytics, Architecture, Database Engineer, QA, Mobile, Java, Python, C++, .NET, Salesforce, Business Intelligence and even more)
- Main topics of interns training:
- IT Skills: hands-on experience in programming
- Soft Skills: presentation, public speaking, exposure
- Team: effective collaboration, performing under pressure
A successful DT internship with GE Power can lead to opportunities such as:
- GE’s Digital Technology Leadership Program (DTLP). DTLP is a two year world-class leadership development program, designed to attract high potential candidates with a passion and aptitude for technology and to further develop their technical, leadership and business skills as they transition from academia to the working world.
- Permanent and paid work within GE Power, working with teams on solving real problems and supporting external and internal customers.
- Internship extension on the same or different position.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, or in STEM majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths).
- Willing to work full-time during summer and min. 20h/week during academic year
- Someone prepared to sign 12-month long contract starting from 2nd of January 2021.
- Academic GPA 3.0 and above, out of 4 scale.
- Proven academic excellence throughout their educational career, showing evidence of being on-track for a degree in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science/ Physics/ Management Information Systems/ Mathematics /Engineering preferred.
- Fluent in English
- Technology enthusiast. Passion/aptitude for both software and information technology. Up to date with current industry standards, trending software and information technology development tools.
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom. Extra initiatives/engagements in student organizations is a plus
- Communicative & open- minded. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Inclusion & Diversity:
- We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online