Advans La Fayette Microfinance Bank – As an international registered microfinance bank, offers a complete range of financial services and means of payment for its customers including savings accounts, current accounts and fixed deposit accounts. Fully client-oriented, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers great flexibility, independence and financial security to help clients stay committed to their short and long term financial goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Officer
- Support to provide analysis on legal and policy issues
- Support in co-ordinating the writing and updating of processes, procedures and other guides relating to operations
- Review contracts, legal related documents, internal policies and ensure they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
- Support to manage the Institution’s charged off loans and non- performing assets
- Provide legal counsel to recover outstanding debts from defaulting Customers.
- Conduct research into variety of legal issues.
- Examine and report newly published laws, acts and regulations and ascertaining how these affect the institution’s business
- Perfecting of legal documentation.
- Support in recommending operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Keep abreast with all government legislations and CBN policies that may affect operations and present opinion/advise on same
- Provide support for all Law Enforcement related matters when required to do so
- Support to develop comprehensive reports on matters that are to be instituted in Court
- Support to create necessary awareness on regulatory and supervisory provisions, circulars, directive, and legislation affecting the bank’s operation and objectives
- Support to collaborate with the HR department to provide periodic training for staff on Regulatory compliance.
- Follow up on approved recommendations of CBN, NDIC etc.
- Ensure full compliance of monthly reporting to regulatory bodies CBN, NDIC, EFCC, Credit bureaux.
- Prepare evaluation report on compliance to the management on a monthly basis
- Education level: A degree in Law and a relevant Professional certification is an advantage.
Specific training required:
- Training on Company products and services.
Work experience required (domain and number of years):
- Must have a minimum of Four (4) years post call legal experience out of which minimum of twelve (12) months in a fnancial institution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online