Gresyndale is a law firm with over 50 years of cumulative experience in various areas of the law and armed with a devoted team of diligent and excellent lawyers who pride themselves in giving quality and unrivalled service.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A law firm based in Lekki, Lagos requires an experienced Associate. The candidate is expected to have a minimum of three years of practicing experience.
- The candidate must have some experience in corporate and commercial matters, also in litigation.
- The candidate must be a disciplined person and ready to work under pressure, and must have the capability to respond to an emergency.
- The candidate must have a leadership skill and be ready to coordinate the junior colleagues.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- 3 – 5 years post call legal professional experience.
- Legal research experience.
- Experience in drafting legal and business documents.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools and other legal research sites.
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Consulting with clients to ascertain the details and merits of each case.
- Conducting research using legislation, case law, and other legal texts as sources to decide on a modus operandi.
- Monitor, study and develop written summaries of proposed and enacted legislation, regulations, court decisions, industry guidelines, trade journals and other relevant publications.
- Compile, proofread and edit drafts of contracts, leases, licenses, policies and other legal documents.
- Drafting legal texts, including reports, contracts, and appeals.
- Representing clients at meetings, hearings, and at trials.
- Advocating for acquittal or clemency in each case.
- Informing your line manager about salient developments in each case.
- Ensuring that data obtained during interactions with clients remain confidential and are stored securely.
- Reporting on hours spent on each assignment.
- Remaining abreast of changes to legislation.
Deadline: 13th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online