One Acre, founded in 2006, supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Field Specialist
Location: Minna, Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
About The Role
- Seeking an exceptional professional with at least 2 years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development to support the team while exploring how to grow the program from 1,800+ to 10,000 farmers over the next two years
- As the Field Specialist, you will report to the Field Operations Associate. You’ll support the team responsible for daily interactions with our farmers while exploring how to grow the program from 1,800+ to 10,000 farmers over the next two years.
- The Nigerian field team manages all field‐facing communication and operations of the program, including overseeing all required content, tools and goals weekly. The team is important to Nigeria’s program and plays a major role in shaping the nature of the Nigeria pilot long-term. You’ll manage at least 2 Field Managers and 10-14 Field Officers.
We are looking for a professional with at least 2 years of work experience and a passion for international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Commitment to the mission of eradicating food insecurity across Nigeria.
- Work experiences in agricultural environments or field-based roles in northern-Nigeria.
- Leadership and mentorship experience, experience leading field-based individuals/ teams and providing professional development support for others.
- Comfortable celebrating failure when it leads to learning.
- Experience using data and KPIs to monitor performance.
- Language: English and Hausa Preferred.
- Support the Field Operations team throughout the annual cycles of sales, deliveries, extension services, and loan collection, while exploring and testing ways to increase the number of clients each team member can support.
- Support an expansion strategy, exploring program-fit in new areas of Niger State and other states in Nigeria, while engaging local leadership and farmers alike to partner with us.
- Lead efforts to integrate new technology into the daily work of the Field Team to increase their capacity to manage new and recurring customer needs.
- Monitor data collection and key performance indicators for the Field team, to ensure excellent execution and inform skill-building and capacity development.
- Organize weekly office-based and field-based meetings for the Field team, setting and monitoring goals, leading training, and building team unity.
- Lead the Field Officer training program, from hiring and onboarding to salesmanship, agricultural support, and customer satisfaction.
- With the support of the Field Associate, you’ll lead a team of twelve to fifteen full-time staff, with the chance to grow the team threefold over the next two years.
- Invest in the skill-building of the Field Team staff- salesmanship, agricultural knowledge, and pedagogical capabilities- to drastically increase their ability to connect with, educate, and serve farmers.
Note: This is subject to addition or subtraction of responsibilities at the organization’s discretion.
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the chance to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Consistent with experience,
- Relocation Allowance
- Housing Stipend,
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off, Paternity/Maternity Leaves.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Sponsor International Candidates? No; must have existing rights to work in Nigeria. Nigerian Nationals are encouraged to apply
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.