AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeiia currently operates in 7 states including Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
We seek highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the full time position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Employment Type: Full time
Reports to: Pharmacy Manager/State Clinical Coordinator
- Coordinates pharmacy- related activities in AHF supported sites through mentorship of pharmacy staff in medication adherence counselling, pharmaceutical care, provision of relevant drug information, quality assurance of pharmaceuticals, quality improvement of pharmacy services, implementation of appropriate drug dispensing protocols and pharmacy best practices.
- Works with clinicians to ensure rational drug use, monitor adverse drug reactions, appropriate drug regimen, and improved clinical outcomes of anti-retroviral therapy in patients across AHF Nigeria-supported health facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews prescriptions from AHF care providers to assure accuracy, clinical appropriateness and rational drug use (in accordance with standard guidelines including the current National Guidelines for HIV Prevention, Treatment and Care) across AHF Nigeria – supported health facilities.
- Supervises pharmacy personnel on pharmaceutical procedures including monitoring and management of adverse drug reactions and medication adherence counseling during supportive supervisory visits to all AHF Nigeria-supported health facilities.
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and health care providers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Ensures implementation of pharmacy best practices (pharmaceutical care of patients, standard drug dispensing protocols, standard storage of drugs, implementation of the first-to expire, first-out procedure in the drug stores in all AHF Nigeria-supported health facilities.
- Ensures availability of anti-retroviral drugs and drugs for opportunistic infections by issuing drugs as required at all AHF Nigeria health facilities from the AHF Country Office Store.
- Manages all drug inventory procedures at the Country level.
- Works with relevant clinic personnel in all AHF Nigeria sites to maintain accurate drugs records system through appropriate drug inventory systems for efficient drug logistics management.
- Monitors National Pharmacy Indicators in all AHF sites for quality improvement.
- Ensures appropriate drug reference materials, National treatment guidelines, National Standard Operating Procedures Manuals for Logistics Management of HIV/AIDS Commodities and pediatric dosing wheels are provided for the relevant staff.
- Assists the Pharmacy Manager in preparing a quarterly drug forecast.
- Coordinates drug procurement processes from AHF Nigeria pre-qualified drug vendors.
- Reviews drug reports to ensure submission of accurate and auditable monthly and bi-monthly drug reports from AHF clinic sites to the organization, Federal Ministry of Health, and National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program.
- Collaborates with the Federal Ministry of Health HIV/AIDS Division, National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program and Supply Chain Management System/John Snow Incorporated on pharmaceutical and drug logistics issues.
- Represents AHF Nigeria in State, Regional, and National Procurement and Supply Chain Management Logistics Technical Working Group Meetings, as well as Federal Ministry of Health Workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree (B.Pharm.)
- Experience in logistics management of drugs, preferably in an NGO
- A minimum of five years of experience in a similar position or three years of experience with a Master’s degree in Pharmacy or Public Health.
- Must possess a valid license to practice as a Pharmacist.
- Proficiency in computer operations – use of Microsoft office
Application Closing Date
Deadline: 5pm on Monday, 30th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (CV and cover letter as one document) to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Kindly indicate the position and the location you are applying for as the subject of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS word format.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer!