Zola Electric Nigeria combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Zola Electric Nigeria’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
- This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills to help ZOLA Electric change the renewable energy landscape.
- You need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid areas and emerging markets with the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it.
- You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash human potential and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
- The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for planning and implementing Quality Assurance (QA) testing procedures for our software tools, apps and platforms.
- To run exploratory and automated testing procedures for Zola’s range of software applications, from enterprise Web applications to consumer quality Android/iOS mobile and tablet apps, to custom software that connects solar systems to the data warehouse.
- Manage and report on key performance indicators for the QA process
- Identify and analyze joint software PM/QA tools to improve productivity and quality
- Observe workflows, procedures, systems, and controls for effective QA testing pipeline
- Review feature specs and recommend tactics to improve testability
- Follow bug reporting process in use by the overall organization
- Achieve benchmarks for timely processing of reported bugs based on the level of severity
- To work with other QA testers (including QA services) to estimate, plan, and implement complementary testing activities.
- To ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our bug tracking system.
- Amongst others, the role consists of:
- Participate in project planning meetings to help define ongoing software quality objectives
- Embed a project QA testing process alongside
- Utilize QA testing and ticketing tools
- Participate in iterative improvements to the QA process to achieve faster and higher fidelity output
- Participate in team retrospectives to identify root causes of issues
- Create test plans for project features to systemize quality control
- Run exploratory testing procedures on software to uncover bugs and unanticipated usability issues
- Test integrations of interconnected applications to ensure data integrity and expected output
- Implement automated testing of UI workflows
- Document investigation process steps to replicate and recommended resolution (where applicable) to allow engineers to take speedy action
- Triage issues in an established ticketing workflow, expending resources where most impactful relative to plan
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline
- 2+ years of successful software QA management experience
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and project managers across multiple teams
- Ability to conduct testing activities and recommend process improvement opportunities for multiple concurrent projects
- Interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality products
- Software QA Automation and black box testing experience
- Working knowledge of QA in Agile methodologies
- Experience testing web and mobile products
- Familiarity with integrated hardware/software product testing
- Experience working with distributed (virtual) teams
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Highly effective communicator and problem solver
- Willingness to learn and implement new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong talent development and leadership skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online