Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Period: 3 Months
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating the HF and VHF radios, avoiding using any sensitive or security related information and following the MSF security rules.
- Maintaining the equipment, communications room and premises in clean and tidy conditions. Maintaining and supervising HF VHF batteries status in good maintenance conditionInstalls, programs and manage all MSF Belgium Telecom/Radio equipment (HF, VHF, modems, antennas, cabling, power systems, inverters, batteries and repeaters) respecting with internal standards and procedures.
- Ensures radio frequencies’ (HF and VHF) quality and transmission capacity. Installs and programs frequencies in all type of radios when necessary Ensuring that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned and records the messages on the radio logbook.
- Installing, operating and performing preventive maintenance checks on assigned equipment, checking that the equipment is working properly and immediately informing the line manager of any damage/loss/theft.
- Providing basic radio training when necessary to MSF staff
- Responding to radio contacts from other approved organizations and forwarding it on the information via this channel. Making radio contacts with reference bases (capital and/or field) according to communication rules / schedules and forwards all information concerning the security of the teams to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
- Monitoring and registering any movement, of people, vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and cargo, (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informs line manager of any delays. Supervising and monitoring the VHF radio allocation book (handsets) and registering the loan of handsets to all staff, following it up on a regular basis.
- Candidates should possess HND qualification with 2 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant degrees, certificates and NYSC certificate/exemption as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org (SoftCopy)
Hard Copy to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Off Panama, Maitama,
- Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- The above vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 20th November, 2020.