Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation.
We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions which ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Store Manager
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Store Manager is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the store’s operations
- S/he will formulate strategies, improve performance, procure material and resources and ensure compliance
- S/he should be ready to manage team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle Human Resources functions (Birthdays, Leave, Induction, staff files etc.)
- Manage correspondences via phones, WhatsApp and email.
- Ensure strict compliance and monitoring of organizational rules, policies and standards
- Supervise staff to ensure that they actively carry out their roles
- Handle and resolve all clients’ orders and complaints
- Monthly collate Taxes
- Settle the store’s utility bills.
- Attend events/Fairs and Industry Specific functions as scheduled.
- Ensure the store is properly cleaned at all times and merchandising is in order.
- Plan in – store events as scheduled.
- Work with Creative Director for events as scheduled.
- Prepare the staff salary schedule
- Scheduling of tasks for tailors.
- Handle and resolve all clients’ complaints
- Daily prepare reports.
- Supervise the pattern samples made
- Plan all internal and external events with the Creative Director as scheduled.
- Coordinates daily activities and supervises all employees.
- Daily keep records of all operating expenditure
- Daily supervise store operations
Social Media and Communications Content:
- Prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms
- Create and distribute marketing copy to advertise our company and products
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Measure web traffic to content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates)
- Update our websites as needed
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Create content for newsletters as needed
- Update customers information and database
- Interview industry professionals and incorporate their views in blog posts
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g. comments and shares)
- Identify customers’ needs and recommend new topics
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO (search engine optimization) guidelines to optimize content
- Daily assist in stock counting
- Perform quality control check on newly produced inventory
- Daily carry out quality control checks on newly ordered stock
- Daily supervise the production of low in stock inventory
- Daily responsible for supply vendors
- Reorder stock when low.
- Daily check inventory and maintain the optimal reorder level.
- Maintain inventory by implementing purchase plans with all stockists.
- Manage inventory and procurement from vendors
- Quarterly decide items to be marked down
- Name dresses and set price of garments as scheduled.
- Daily assign deliveries to the logistics team
- Daily ensure that all orders are delivered on a timely basis
- Track monthly payments with logistics company
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc / B.A from a reputable and accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a managerial role
- A background in the fashion industry will be an addition
Skills and Requirements:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools especially Word and Excel
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- An ability to fact-check long-form content pieces
- Time-management skills.
- Proficiency in the use of social media ads for content including Canva, Lightroom, Mailchimp
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing outstanding customer service
- Portfolio of published articles
- Leadership and Supervisory skills and ability to manage situations within the company
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Relate and network with people
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role
- N80,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 20th November, 2020.