The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, M&E Technology – West Africa
Requisition ID: req11178
Other Locations: Senegal, Sierra Leone, Mali, Liberia, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Niger
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education and power.
Job Overview / Summary
- Are you passionate about using technology to improve monitoring and evaluation? We are growing our team to improve the use of technology in M&E. Together we will develop and deploy new data tools, transition from paper to electronic data collection, and improve our data flows.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including with technology tools used in humanitarian/development work.
- Experience of configuring and deploying some or all of Commcare, Kobo, Power BI, SQL Server or Power Apps
- Experience of providing technology support
- Knowledge of standard methodologies in database design
- Experience of delivering training
- Able to work independently and efficiently in a multifaceted environment
- Experience working in humanitarian development, government or other organization that focus on serving clients with technology
- Experience of requirements analysis
- Experience of participating in User Acceptance Testing for new IT systems
- Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, this role may initially be working remotely and providing remote support. As travel restrictions lift, the role will transition to an office environment, and travel up to 35% of the time to provide in-person support to colleagues in our country offices.
Deployment of technologies for data collection:
- Undertaking technology needs assessments for IRC programs
- Designing and implementing project plans for countries/programs transitioning to new data collection tools
- Configuration of non-standard project/program indicators in data collection tools
- Ensuring data validation is well embedded in the structure of data collection tools
- Collaborating with program, IT and supply chain teams to plan purchase of devices
- System training and ongoing end-user support for IRC staff and partners
Supporting data management, analysis and visualization:
- Working from standard XLSX and PBIX templates, setting up indicator database and dashboard for visualizing M&E data.
- Providing training to M&E staff on indicator databases and dashboards
- Undertaking data quality assessments for current databases
- Migration or transformation of an existing project or country-level data in to standard data structures
Understanding user needs and ensuring these needs are well understood throughout the team:
- Gathering user feedback on data tools during and after deployment
- Participating in requirements capturing and user acceptance testing (UAT) for new tools
- Sharing user feedback with colleagues in IT and other team feedback
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online