A new donor funded Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) project rolling out in January 2021 is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer
Location: Abuja, FCT with 10% travel to states
Job Type: Full Time
Engagement mechanism: 1-year renewable contract
Requirements for the Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Entrepreneurship or related field (Postgraduate Degree will be a strong advantage)
- 2-4 years work experience in women’s economic empowerment related field
- Ability to work well with WEE beneficiary organizations, members and their communities
- Demonstrated interest and passion for the field of women’s economic empowerment as evinced by members, publications or blogging
- Excellent computer skills and ability to use data analysis software
- Ability to conduct internet-based research
- Ability to work in a team
- Deep curiosity and innate interest conducting research
- Experience in designing and / or conducting advocacy engagements
- Excellent technical report writing capacities
- Critical thinking and analysis skills to solve problems
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure
- Detail-oriented to maintain accurate records and information within systems
- Young, competent and suitably qualified Technical Officers with a flair for research, problem solving and building social capital in WEE membership.
- The TO will be a member of the team responsible for managing project start up activities including project kick-off meetings and monitoring the progress
- Conduct on-line research, produce reports and translate to advocacy products
- Coordinate the development and activities of WEE beneficiary organizations and their communities
- Produce technical project reports, develop, track and implement project
- work-plans and participate in evaluation
- Documentation of lessons learned and success stories
- Coordinate with learning community through verbal presentations, webinars, meetings and on-line engagements.
Deadline: 27th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications with the following below to: email@example.com The subject of the email must state the name of the applicant and the position.
- A letter of application in the body of the email;
- A Resume / CV as an attachment;
- A writing sample of a knowledge produce produced entirely by the applicant.
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a virtual interview
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.