Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development – The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit / loan from World Bank / International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) of CSDP is to increase access by the poor, particularly the Internally Displaced and Vulnerable people in the North East of Nigeria, to improved social and natural resource infrastructure services in a sustainable manner throughout Nigeria.
It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit / loan will be applied to eligible expenditure for the recruitment of the staff below of Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development:
Job Title: Project Officer – Supervision
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a degree or HND in Engineering, Architecture, Social and Natural Sciences with at least, five (5) years experience in design and/or supervision of social infrastructure construction.
- Computer literacy is essential and experience in implementing community level infrastructure is an added advantage.
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of Operations Officers;
- Regular and timely liaison with other Project Officers for deployment of operations officers for field level activities;
- Assist in the provision of technical advice on all engineering works e.g. construction/rehabilitation of infrastructure, erosion control bands, agro-processing equipment, feeder road construction etc;
- In close liaison with relevant state ministries, Departments, Agencies ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with state level technical specification/standards for all social infrastructure,
- Prepare budget and work plan for supervision of CDPs/GDPs and micro-projects contained therein;
- Provide guidance to Operations Officers designated to undertake supervision;
- Regularly submit monthly supervision reports to the managers Operations and M&E;
- Provide specific reports on supervision as may be requested by any of the Managers and the General Manager;
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, Local Government Area (LGA), Local Government Review Committee (LGRC) and Operations Officers in social infrastructure operations and maintenance;
- Liaise with the relevant state agency for certification for all social infrastructure at completion;
- Directly responsible to the Operations Manager;
- Any other duties assigned by the Operations Manager.
Remuneration / Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for an initial period of six month probation and subject to confirmation after satisfactory performance. However, Civil servant found suitable will be engaged as seconded officer and will continue to enjoy salary from their employers with additional incentives from the project.
- The remuneration is attractive and is commensurate with the mode of entry and in accordance with the CSDP Staff Regulations and conditions of service.
Deadline: 10th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send / submit 10 copies of their CV to:
The Chairman Board of Directors,
Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development,
Commissioners Quarters Layout,
Off Bukar Abba Ibrahim Way,
Damaturu, Yobe State.