Emotion Press – We are the Nigerian publisher of several highly acclaimed and award winning titles distributed in Africa, Europe and North America. Established in 2011, we are strongly bent on projecting young voices to the world literary stage through our innovative and affordable publishing packages.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Editor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Editorial Assistant is responsible for supporting the editorial processes of the company’s titles.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the review process for all manuscripts submitted to assigned titles against a very particular checklist generated by the client
- Liaise with editors and represent the company in a professional manner
- Work under deadline to ensure timely publication of materials
- Work closely with the Managing Editor or Client Manager to develop a working knowledge of all editorial processes.
- Maintain editorial process guidelines and style guides
- Track submissions through the editorial process
- Respond to author inquiries via e-mail in a timely manner
- Check proofs and web files; ensuring that graphic figures and tables meet publication requirements.
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and clients
- Tracks all billable client hours and reports on a semi-monthly basis
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years book editing/writing experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Attention to detail and thoroughness a must
- Team-oriented attitude
- Motivated self-starter
Deadline: 14th December, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “Job Title” as the subject of the email.