Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group is an international investment and holding company with over three decades in building sustainable businesses in fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), agriculture, agro-allied, healthcare, chemicals, real estate and oil and gas in 12 countries including Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin, Morocco, UAE, India, South Africa, China etc. with an over 9,000 multicultural workforce.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Procurement Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Formulation of procurement, inventory and vendor management policy.
- Evaluate and enhance operations in local spend while researching and prospecting developments in the supply base.
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmark.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs via last purchase price and discounts received.
- Supplier verification and performance evaluation.
- Maintain and update the supply base. Purchase of spares and consumables for WACOT and weekly update on same.
- Perform all procurement activities including demand verification, initiation of RFQs, sourcing the market, vendor selection, LPO issuance, vendor post performance appraisal.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the work of the procurement assistants.
- Prepare and Maintain trackers for Open and Closed LPOs
- Prepare and maintain monthly procurement reports for WACOT.
- Manage workflow from initiation to completion (of both purchased orders and deliveries).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online