Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Engineer (Turbomachinery, Mechanical & Control)
Job ID: R13645
Locations: Port Harcourt-125 Trans-Amadi, Rivers and AO-LA-Luanda-Sonils Base, Angola
Job type: Full time
- Are you passionate about providing complex technical solutions?
- Would you relish being at the center of cutting-edge energy projects?
Join our innovating Engineering team
- Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Our field services team support the on-site installation, maintenance and planning of our industry-leading products for our global customers.
Take ownership for customer Installations & Service activities:
- As a Field Service Engineer (TPS), you will play a vital role onsite with our customers.
- Leading the installation and maintenance activities, you will work with customers to troubleshoot issues and ensure safe and compliant installations.
- You will be the onsite expert, continually developing your knowledge and skills to deliver innovative solutions for customers.
As a Field Service Engineer(TPS), you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical direction for site activities to internal teams and skilled labor to ensure safety, compliance and quality.
- Ensuring internal training, compliance and quality documentation is updated, followed and completed according to company standards
- Mechanical & Balance of Plant – AERO Gas Turbines ; Heavy Duty Gas Turbines; Centrifugal Compressor; Steam Turbines; Reciprocating Compressor; Pumps & Turbo Expander
- Overseeing, overhaul, troubleshooting, commissioning and start-up of rotating equipment (Baker Hughes TPS portfolio products) at customer sites according to your specialization:
- CONTROL & Instrumentation – Understanding of the tools such as SPEEDTRONIC MARK family; Woodward Micronet; PLC
- Preparing and updating technical documentation, plans, daily and weekly briefing reports for customers and internal cross-functional teams
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in the related Engineering fields.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the installation and maintenance of rotating equipment according with your specialization
- Have 5 years’ experience working in the energy or oil and gas market (or similar)
- Have a strong awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental compliance and potential risks
- Quality mindset and high sense of accountability
- Be a motivated self-starter and be able to make key decisions and innovate solutions
- Be ready to travel significantly (up to 90%) without geographical restriction, including offshore facilities
- Display a strong customer service-orientation mindset, experienced leading customers through tough decisions
- Be skilled at communicating complex technical information to customers and teams with varying levels of technical understanding
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is working with our customer on-site in locations across the world. When onsite, you will have the flexibility to work in line with customer working patterns. When projects are complete, we offer you the opportunity to take extended leave before you take on your next project.
The Good Stuff
We believe in rewarding our people with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Generous annual leave and money to spend on wellbeing activities
- Life assurance and income protection
- Private medical cover
- A defined contributory savings plan
- Additional elected benefits.
Working with us
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply