Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Consultant
Locations: Kano, Enugu, FCT and Field Project
Employment Type: Contract
- VSON intervention in the Practice area of Inclusive Education started in July 2019 in the states of Enugu and Kano, with its adopted Peer to Peer Project to supporting marginalised and vulnerable children from very poor, rural, hard to reach and urban slum areas.
- The need to captured lessons, progress and experience of primary actors informed this assignment to produce live stories of those directly affected and the impact of the intervention in providing learners the opportunity to have access to quality learning and interest in continuing and completing their education.
- VSON will also use the opportunity of this assignment to capture the activities of the SPARC programme activities in Adamawa State.
- The Project focus on children with disabilities and from less advantage background, through mentorship, establishment of Inclusive Neighbourhood Space provide children that are out of schools, school dropped out and those in schools and having learning challenges, the training of teachers and learners in the use of sign language, provision of learning materials and support through mentorship.
- During the intense period of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Nigeria when schools where lockdown, VSO reached out to over 6000 children through the provision of Learning materials, solar transistors radios for children to get access to the government sponsored Radio programme with support of Volunteers to guide children in learning and keeping them abreast of school activities.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Competencies and Behaviour:
- At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge.
- 2 years Experience.
N80,000 / month.
Deadline: 16th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce
Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding:
- Protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm is central to achieving our mission of ending global poverty.
- At VSO we are committed to ensuring the experience of our organisation is one that is free from any form of abuse or exploitation. Everyone who comes into contact with any person associated with VSO should at all times feel respected and safeguarded.
- To enforce this, ourglobal safeguarding policy (PDF)has a range of preventative measures and systems to prevent any form of abuse, and clear procedures for disciplinary action in the event this policy is breached.
- If you have concerns or wish to talk to someone in confidence about a safeguarding issue please contact the Lead Safeguarding Officer at VSO on +44 (0)208 780 7500 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By implication at VSO we are very thourough on issues regarding duty of care and as part of our recruitment process successfull persons will have their background investigated in as part of our safer recruitment process.
Note: VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.