Aldelia Group is a world leader in Permanent and Contract Staffing and Payroll Solutions services, a specialist Oil & Gas, Manpower and Project Services consultancy operating extensively in Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia, Africa and South America with Offices in London, Dubai, Brazil, Iraq, Kurdistan, Singapore and Nigeria, our major Oil Exploration and Production companies including ENI, Shell, TOTAL, Petrobras and Odebrecht.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cost and Inventory Accountant
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Inventory Accountant is responsible for maintaining thorough and accurate documentation on inventory accounting and the timely recording and reconciliation of inventory accounts.
- The job holder also undertakes other accounting and analytical tasks working as an individual contributor or part of a team, including balance sheet accounts reconciliation.
- First Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related course
- Professional accounting qualification e.g. ICAN, ACCA, with understanding of IFRS principles is preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in accounts payable and general ledger accounting
- Two years experience with data entry on ERP (preferably SAP).
- Experience with basic Crystal report writing or data querying preferred
- Planning and Organization
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (data manipulation, advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, sumif etc.). Proficient with other Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practice and procedures
- Knowledge of stock valuation, cost and management accounting
- Financial reporting & analysis
- Accounts reconciliation and closing procedures
- Record and monitor inventory transactions on the ERP
- Update unit product costs in SAP (purchase orders) for PPPRA recovery to ensure that all adjustments affecting inventory accounts are promptly recorded.
- Review moving average cost of sale to ensure that POs that have been created during the month are in line with the final/commercial invoice for product purchases during the period and pass manual adjustments if necessary.
- Create Item Codes, Item Class, Warehouse and Costs as requested by Business Unit Managers
- Perform monthly inventory valuation for the various company products including Lubricants
- Book inventory values on the ERP and investigate and ascertain causes of differences before month end closing of the books.
N4,000,000 – N5,000,000 annually
Deadline: 14th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.