Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
One of the group of companies under Tetra Tech is delivering the DFID-funded United Kingdom Nigeria Infrastructure Advisory Facility (UKNIAF) infrastructure improvement works. The programme’s duration is contracted for an initial 48 months with a possible 24-month extension.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Job Type: Contract
Purpose of Assignment
- LINKS is seeking to prequalify exceptional graphic designers for engagements over the remaining 6 years duration of the project. The selected graphic designers will actively respond to the growing graphic design needs of the programme, ensure quick turnaround and accuracy in the delivery of communication products and maintain consistency of the LINKS’ branding and attract the target audience with the use a variety of design elements, artistic and decorative effects.
- LINKS engages with a range of stakeholders from national and multinational private sector actors, financial institutions, government representatives and international development actors. It has a particular focus on gender and disability inclusion, requiring not only highly professional products, but products that take gender and disability into account.
Description of Graphic Design Services
- The graphic designer will support LINKS with high quality, timely and attractive creative designs for its communication products. The designer will have up-to-date knowledge sufficient to interpret LINKS’ creative design needs and provide design solutions providing a high visual impact.
- To have consistent top-notch creative designs for all LINKS communication materials, the designer will work on a variety of products as may be required by LINKS. These can be factsheets, e-brochures, infographics, reports, case studies, publications, newsletters, leaflets, posters, stickers, banners, other corporate communication materials, websites images, logos, picture quality enhancements, websites’ images, etc
- The graphic designer will work from his/her location and will be required to attend online briefing meetings as required to flesh out details of the tasks to be supported before commencing work.
- All design jobs must be unique and original, they will remain the property of LINKS and they can be used in any way deemed appropriate by LINKS.
- Payment will be subject to satisfactory submission of designs.
- He/she will work under the guidance of the LINKS Knowledge Management and Communication Manager who will access the services and outputs in close consultation with the relevant team members.
- The graphic designer will have his/her tools and equipment to deliver the design services and according to agreed deadlines. LINKS will not be responsible for any third-party costs that may emerge during creative design activities.
- Minimum of SSCE qualification.
- 1 – 30 years experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrable expertise and experience in graphic design using digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs
- Ability to use creative visual elements and illustrations to help deliver a message using design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details with the ability to think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts
- Ability to work meticulously and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision while maintaining the highest level of creativity
- Must be able to enhance the quality of photos before usage on communication materials
- Ability to quickly incorporate changes, amendments recommended by LINKS before approvals
- Preferably experience producing material for international audiences
- Flexibility to work under short notice.
Duration of Assignment:
- This assignment is expected to run for an initial six months’ period, between 10 January 2021 and 30 June 2021.
- Work priority and scheduling will be at the discretion of LINKS. During this period, the graphic designer will devote agreed daily hours to be determined by LINKS on assignments. Work will normally occur
- between the hours of 9 am to 5 pm on weekdays. LINKS will issue a Purchase Order for each assignment.
Deadline: 21st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals or companies should submit their proposals via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word /pdf document format.
Complete Proposals must include the following:
- Professional profile, experience, and qualifications
- A portfolio of previous work in similar roles e.g working for development programmes, gender and social inclusion focused products, corporate communication materials including publications
- Creative approach to work
- Quotation (fees at the daily rate). Other expenses are not to be included
- Any applicable taxes
- The name, address, and telephone number of individual or firm and authorised signature of same, website, LinkedIn, etc.
- Filled and signed Tetra Tech Due diligence form with the supporting documents after reading our Supplier Code of Conduct (as attached). Kindly send a mail to email@example.com to request for this form.