Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, an International Maritime company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Engineering
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Adexen was mandated by an International Maritime Company to recruit a Head of Engineering for its operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Port-Harcourt, Nigeria.
Plan, co-ordinate, manage and control the activities of the Engineering Technical Department comprising dry-docking and maintenance of fleet to maximize availability of fleet of vessels in a cost-effective manner and to Provide specialist advice on all Company’s engineering and technical matters to the senior management:
- Develop Technical strategies to achieve all business objectives within the corporate vision, mission and strategy, implement all Technical Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures so that all Operational and Contract requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality service to customers
- Develop plans and budgets for Dry Docking and Preventive maintenance of the whole fleet of vessels, costs, submits department budget estimates, and ensures that expenditures remain within budget limits and provides justification of variances.
- Oversee and control the implementation of the annual operational plans to ensure the business objectives are achieved in line with the business strategy so that all resources are optimally utilized and communication can take place in an efficient manner between the various departments.
- Develop, implement and supervise the Computerization system to ensure availability of critical equipment/spares. Approve quantity and variety of spare parts, materials, consumables, etc. based on reports and recommendations submitted by Workshop and Dry Dock Coordinator.
- Provide leadership to the Engineering Department while ensuring that appropriate caliber of human resources are attracted, engaged and retained, setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal; implementing all corporate HR systems and policies in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance in the pursuit of the Company business objectives.
- Create and nurture a team-based culture binding all the employees of the company in order to encourage motivation and retention of employees.
- Study customers’ requirement and finalize vessel specifications. Also lead the final inspections and accepts newly built and newly acquired vessels along with the company representative.
- Establish performance standards for all Company’s vessels and evaluate them periodically.
- Develop and evaluate maintenance standards for the safe and efficient utilization and availability of the Company’s fleet, minimizing downtime in line with company’s KPI’s.
- Provide advice on new business including hiring of vessels to clients, studying modifications, identifying equipment to fit onto vessels and providing cost estimates of new investments.
- Ascertain that vessels meet and are in compliance with ISM-Code and ISO 9001-2008 standards.
- Ensure senior management team are kept fully informed on vessel status regarding availability and downtime.
- Maintain an up to date information service on technical developments and statutory or classification requirements affecting the Company’s fleet.
- Negotiate and oversee contracts and finalize them such as; vessel dry-docking and maintenance carried out at shipyards repair facilities to ensure repairs completed are in accordance with contract specifications and recommend approval or rejection of variations from Contract.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Marine Engineering or Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or any other related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience on boat maintenance and 5 Years Marine Engineering Experience. Detroit and MTU marine diesel engine experience.
- Good knowledge of Maintenance, Repair and Inspection.
- Strategic vessel policy decisions.
- Managerial skills of planning, organising, directing and controlling.
- Deep knowledge in Project Management.
- Good analytical and problem solving
- Leadership, and good interpersonal skills
- Management of disciplinary decisions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.