In line with the directive by the Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami) to network operators regarding linking of NIN to all Sim Cards within two weeks, we have decided to create this post to help those who are yet to link their NIN to their sim card do so in order to avoid deactivation of their Sim.
Below are a few steps to link your phone number with your NIN:
- For MTN users, simply dial *785# and get it done in few seconds or Visit https://mtnonline.com/nim using your phone or computer
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
For those using Airtel as a network provider, dial *121# to submit your National Identification Number (NIN) for verification and subsequent link to your number.
Follow the steps below:
1. Dial *121# on the Airtel line you wish to link.
2. Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
3. Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
Other networks (Glo and 9mobile)
9mobile – dial 746 or 200
Glo – text REG to 746 or 3456
For other lines, simply visit the nearest office of your service provider to register/link your NIN.