United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Individual Contractor – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job no: 536856
Assignment Duration: Eleven and half months
Purpose of Activity / Assignment
- The M & E Officer will provide the technical and operational support for the execution of Gavi-approved interventions and other designated roles on COVID-19 preparedness and response in Nigeria
- He/she will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of projects
- He/she will develop systematic monitoring frameworks to improve qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered from Projects and will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and facilitation of use of data for action.
- Develop overall Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Framework – Performance Monitoring Plan, Data Collection tools/systems
- Develop project workplan and update workplan with implementation details
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators
- Develop reports on M&E findings and identify lessons learnt to facilitate decision making of relevant stakeholders
- Conduct quality checks for data and collection methods.
- Maintain, administer, and optimise the use M&E database
- Conduct data analysis to measure project achievement against KPI’s
- Review existing management information systems and provide recommendations to optimise use for maximal impact
Minimum Qualifications Required
- International Development, Policy and Strategy Development, Public Health, Demographics, Epidemiology, Health Management or similarly relevant fields
- Advanced Certificate in M & E, Statistics or Economics and 5 years of experience in M / E.
Deadline: 27th December, 2020 (W. Central Africa Standard Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.