New Hall International School Lekki is an integral part of the community both educationally and socially. The School looks bright and welcoming. We have a beautiful learning environment for our children with world-class teaching and learning facilities. Our school offers a wide range of learning experiences from academics to morals and sports. Our curriculum is a unique blend of British and Nigeria based on our philosophy that children’s heritage and culture should be preserved even in attempts at internationalism.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Phonetics Teacher
- Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about teaching?
- We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Phonetics Teacher to join our team of esteemed educators.
- Applying instructional activities that actively engage students in meaningful learning experiences and ensuring continual student growth and achievement
- Developing and promoting the appropriate skills and social abilities to allow the optimum
- Progress of the children, according to age, ability and aptitude
- Supporting the development of children basic skills including physical coordination, speech, and communication
- Maintaining discipline in the classroom and on school premises and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Connecting students’ earlier knowledge to learning and developing ways to encourage it
- Further challenging and inspiring students to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding
- Mark classwork and assignments, give appropriate feedback and maintain records of pupils’ progress and development.
- Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including podcasts, multimedia and digital tools to aid learning
- Communicate with parents and carers over pupil’s progress through communication book, open day activities
- Participate in departmental meetings, committee meetings, school activities and training events.
Requirements, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a B.A / B.Ed English Language or a relevant discipline
- Applicant must have a minimum of five years of teaching experience in a school environment and have proven expertise in the teaching subject
- Candidate must have good diction
- A respect and fondness for children is a must
- Highly conscientious and committed to the highest standards of professional service
- Ability to relate well with different groups of students of different ages and ability levels
- Candidate must have a history of personal achievement
- Candidate must be creative in designing learning activities
- Excellent listening, communication, writing, organizational, research and IT skills
- Candidate must have the proven ability to shape student learning and behaviour and engage, guide and motivate students
- Candidate must have the ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- Hard work, dedication to duty, use of initiative and ability to go the extra mile is generally required
- Candidate must be confident with IT and computer packages
- Candidate must be resourceful, responsible, patient and caring
- Candidate must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multicultural, diverse setting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter in not more than 250 words stating why you are the best applicant for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Please make sure you meet the necessary requirements before applying for this position.