The Lagos State Polytechnic formerly known as Lagos State College of Science and Technology was established by the promulgation of the Lagos State Edict No 1 of 1978 with retroactive effect from June 1, 1977. On the 24th day of September, 2012, the original law to provide for the Lagos State Polytechnic, to make provision for its power etc., was assented to by the State Governor.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian – CONPCASS 15
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and reports to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Library
- He / She is the administrative and academic Head of the Library.
- Please note that this office is tenured for a single term of 5 years only.
- Formulating and executing library policies
- Liaising with otherdepartments on books and journals’ selection;
- Preparation of the Library budget;
- Attendance at all statutory meetings in the Polytechnic;
- Responsible to the Rector for the smooth running of the Libraries of the Institution,
- Any other assignment that may be assigned by the Rector.
Quantifications and Experience
- Candidates must be a serving Deputy Librarian in a reputable tertiary educational Institution.
- Candidates must have a good Honours Degree and Master’s Degree in Library Science / Library and Information Science from a recognised University.
- Possession of a Doctorate Degree in Library Science / Library and Information Science will be an added advantage.
- He / She should have at least 15 years post-qualification cognate experience, preferablyinatertiaryeducational institution.
- Candidates must have a good number of scholarly publications in peer- reviewed journals in line with the appointment of Chief Lecturers.
- Candidate must be proficient in Information Technology in particular, Library Management Software (LMS) and automation.
- He / She must possess excellent managerial, interpersonal, communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Must be registered with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- The Polytechnic Librarian’s basic salary is in line with the tertiary educational institutions salary structure of CONPCASS 15 including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing Council of the Institution.
Deadline: 28th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should are requested to forward twenty (20) copies of each of their typewritten Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving the details in the following order:
- Post desired
- Full Name, with surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality and how acquired
- State of Origin / Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail address and mobile phone numbers
- Qualifications (Academic and Professional).