The Petroleum Training Institute (PTI), located in Effurun, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State was set up with the objective of providing courses of instruction, training and research in oil and gas technology and to provide technicians and such other personnel normally required for the Oil and Gas Industry.
The Governing Council of the Institute hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Principal & Chief Executive
Location: Warri, Delta State
The Principal is the Chief Executive Officer responsible for the day-to-day running of the Institute and the successful achievement of its objectives. The Principal reports to the Institute’s Governing Council.
Qualifications And Experience
Candidates for the position of Principal & Chief Executive:
- Must possess at least Bachelor’s, Master’s and/or Ph.D. Degrees in either Engineering, Science or related Social Sciences in any of the core programmes of the Institute;
- Must be a member of relevant professional bodies;
- Should demonstrate good ability and knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
- Must have demonstrable ability to establish and sustain partnerships with the oil/gas industry and other critical Public Sector stakeholders;
- Must be aware and sensitive to the fast-changing training needs of the Oil/Gas Industry and be able to provide strategies to meet them;
- Must have a minimum of 22 years post-graduation cognate experience, ten (10) of which should preferably be in the Oil/Gas Industry and seven (7) years in managerial position. Experience in an academic institution will be an added advantage;
- Must show evidence of scholarly publications in reputable academic journals;
- Should have entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract funds, research grants and mobilize other resources for the development of the Institute;
- Must be a courageous team builder/player with good communication skills and have the ability to manage a multi-cultural and diverse community;
- Should have a clearly defined strategy for the achievement of the Institute’s vision;
- Must not be less than 50 years of age by 31st December, 2019.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- The appointment of the Principal & Chief Executive is for a single term of five (5) years.
- The terms and conditions of service shall be as applicable in the Petroleum Training Institute and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits as may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council of the Institute.
Deadline: 27th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Applicants are required to submit the names of three (3) referees, (one of whom must be the present employer) who should forward Confidential Reports directly by registered courier to the Registrar and Secretary to Council. The envelope for the confidential report should be clearly marked “Confidential Report” at the top right-hand corner and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council
Petroleum Training Institute (PTI),
Effurun, Delta State.
- The online application form can be accessed from any internet enabled computer system. Applicants are advised to follow the online instructions and complete the application.
- Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence where applicable and bring the originals of their credentials if invited for interview.
- All Applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.