Royal Exchange Insurance Plc – The Company started operations in Nigeria represented by Barclays Bank DCO in 1918. A branch of the then parent Company, Royal Exchange Assurance, London, (REA), was established in Lagos on February 28, 1921. REA was founded in 1720 and was one of the first two insurance companies to receive legal status by Royal Charter.
Originally established for marine business, REA expanded within a year to include fire and life insurance as well, thereby becoming Britain’s first composite insurer. The establishment of the branch in Nigeria was the result of the expansion drive of REA in the early 20th century. Pursuant to Section 396(2) of the then Companies Act of 1968 the Company was, on December 29, 1969, reconstituted and incorporated as a Private Limited Liability Company, the Royal Exchange Assurance (Nigeria) Limited.
The Company went public on July 18, 1989 and was duly listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on December 3, 1990. The Company elected to split its operations into Life and General Businesses during the 2007 recapitalization exercise. Upon this decision Royal Exchange General Insurance Company Limited (REGIC) was adopted as the name to underwrite general business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Executive
Locations: Ibadan – Oyo, Victoria Island – Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt – Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a motivated and organized Sales Executive to join our Retail Distribution Channels. You will utilize current leads and develop new leads to establish clients and provide the insurance products they need.
- We offer a wide variety of insurance services, including auto and homeowner’s insurance, and our goal is to find the best policies for each client.
- You will be responsible for keeping up with insurance trends and changes to the coverage offered by different insurance companies. We prefer candidates who have at least one year of experience in insurance or sales.
Requirements and Qualifications
- First Degree, HND /OND or equivalent with 1 – 3 years work experience.
- Prior sales experience a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Organized, self-motivated, and proactive in problem-solving
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop leads and schedule appointments with clients
- Determine the specific needs of particular clients by researching current coverage and available options
- Aiming to achieve monthly or annual target.
- Demonstrating and presenting products
- Establishing new business and reviewing sales performance
- Help customers complete all paperwork properly
- Obtain underwriting approval by completing the application for coverage
Deadline: 6th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.