Persianasretail Limited is built on market insights, entrepreneurial vision and sound business management. Our knowledge and experience of Nigeria’s evolving retail environment make us the partner of choice for international brand owners and marketers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Finance Manager
Position Summary / Objectives
- The Accountant performs a variety of accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures.
- He analyses and prepares financial and management reports to aid management decisions as well as provides financial information to management by researching different accounting data.
- He ensures accuracy of PRL financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
- The Accountant is responsible for an accurate booking and allocation of expenses and investments, for the monthly accruals, for the amortization of prepaid expenses, for the fixed assets depreciation, etc.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage an accurate financial administration (creditors, debtors, salary administration, ledgers) and monitors the cash flow, the goods flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of periodic management reports to aid management decision-making process.
- Prepare periodic financial reports, ensuring compliance with defined accounting policies and financial reporting standards.
- Perform financial analysis as required.
- Provide assistance with stock reconciliation and reports at PRL retail outlets as required.
- Assist in the preparation of setting up the company budgets for the next financial year.
- Ensure the invoices are controlled and approved by the line management, before processing in the bookkeeping system.
- Develops system for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Prepare and ensure prompt remission of all statutory payments towards including VAT, PAYE tax, employee and Company pension contributions.
- Liaise with Auditors/ Tax consultant and external Auditors (FIRS/LIRS etc.) on various audit activities.
- Make timely payment to the tax authorities after approval by Line Manager.
- Maintain a good relationship with the tax authorities.
- Perform general internal audit activities for PRL.
- Manage PRL’S general ledger and account statements; and ensure all transactions are processed in line with acceptable accounting principles.
- Maintain Petty cash Book.
- Perform periodic ledger and bank reconciliations as required.
- Oversees POS collection and re-conciliation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CMA.
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in Accounting/ Finance.
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Be organized
- Be thorough
- Show commitment to PRL.
- Good working knowledge of Accounting Software/computers/ Microsoft office.
- Good financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Good communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment.
- Disciplined and anticipative.
- A desire for continuous business improvement and professional development.
- Good team player and able to collaborate with other teams in the organization.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.