United Geophysical (Nigeria) Limited is Nigeria’s oldest oil service company having began operations in the western Niger Delta in the early 1960’s and incorporated as a limited liability company in 1971. The company has over 50 years of continuous operations specialising in land and swamp 2D, 3D and 4D seismic data acquisition and has conducted seismic surveys for all the major oil companies operating in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Surveyor / Positioning Manager
Location: GRA, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
Level: Senior Staff
Reporting To: Party Chief
- We are seeking to engage surveyors with land and shallow marine seismic experience for our operations in Nigeria.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. Degree, 2nd Class Upper Division
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the seismic industry
- Registration with the Surveyors Registration Council of Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Result oriented.
- Must demonstrate integrity.
- Should demonstrate initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Well organized.
- Solid decision-making skills and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Proficient in GPS operation, good knowledge of GP seismic QC software, and knowledgeable in GIS and geoinformatics.
- Should be mature minded, intelligent, and able to supervise all activities in Survey.
- Ability to administer the field surveyors and instill discipline.
- Supervising all survey activities including field surveyors’ performance.
- Ensuring that field data is professionally acquired by field surveyors.
- Planning the entire survey operation ahead of schedule.
- Ensuring that all equipment is fit for purpose at all times by calibrating survey equipment on a monthly basis.
- Providing the lead in the provision of controls by the use of GPS.
- Responsible for making available error-free data to seismologists and clients.
- Creating a robust relationship with clients.
- Monitoring QC surveyors for error-free outputs.
- Producing required maps in a timely manner.
- Putting in place measures to achieve set production targets.
- Writing weekly, monthly, and End of Project Reports.
- Creating and maintaining a template to continuously assess office and field surveyors’ performance.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Company’s Health and Safety Management System as applied to the Survey Department and the crew as a whole.
- Frequent evaluation of the state and numbers of equipment with a view to maintaining adequate numbers of and fit for purpose equipment.
Deadline: 21st December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: HR@unitedgeophysical.com using “Senior Surveyor / Positioning Manager” as the subject of the mail.