A reputable Oil and Gas company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Reports to: Reports to: Company Secretary & Legal Adviser
- The Legal Officer will work directly with, and assist the Legal Adviser and Company Secretary to provide company secretariat and legal advisory services to ensure the Company and its subsidiary companies remain in line with all financial, legal and corporate governance standards.
- Provide for the timely preparation of agreements, legal documents and other documents in relation to the Company’s business
- Provide support for company secretarial functions including, preparing meeting agenda, attending and taking minutes of meetings, following up to ensure completion of meeting action points
- Legal research
- Liaise with regulatory bodies, complete and monitor applications for regulatory licenses and permits
- Monitor and ensure legal, regulatory and internal policy compliance
- Provide support for collecting and updating legal information that affects the operations of the company to enhance the quality management system and continuous improvement
- Liaise with external solicitors on the execution of assigned tasks
- To review legal documents on oil and gas transactions across upstream and midstream activities
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper Degree in Law
- Master’s Degree in oil and gas law or related field an advantage
- Admitted to the Nigerian Bar
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience in a reputable law firm or oil & gas company.
Skills / Competencies:
- Good negotiating and drafting skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Deep knowledge of corporate and regulatory rules and norms
- Good knowledge of oil and gas industry regulations
- Good knowledge of and ability to grasp complex areas of law rapidly and accurately
- Strong written and oral communication and analytical skills
- Exhibiting sound practical judgment and business understanding
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Ability to set priorities and work effectively to meet deadlines
- Legal Drafting
- Legislation and Compliance
- Legal Advice Litigation Management.
Job Title: Investment Promotion Officer
Reports to: Business Investment Manager
- The Investment Promotion Officer will be a member of investment team of Corporate Planning and Investment Strategy with Job responsibilities concentrated in promoting private investments and public-private partnerships (PPP) in the energy sector and other specific sectors as required by the executive management of the organisation.
- Support the investment team to identify potential investment targets within the companys targeted sectors and subsectors
- Involve in investment conferences and roadshows with investors in approved targeted sectors and locations.
- Scan all investment leads and continually update generated leads pipeline.
- Introduce interested investors to the company’s proposed investment locations and sectors and also arrange site visits
- Continual follow-up with investors to facilitate their investment while identifying and resolving any outstanding issues with the assistance of the investment team of the company
- Assist in the analysis of feasibility study, research, investments reports, and recommendations in the selected sectors
- Identify specific investment opportunities and impart professional advice / due diligence to project stakeholders in the selected sub-sectors
- Actively participate in the investment promotion events, B2B meetings, exhibitions, and conferences
- Prepare and submit satisfactory progress reports to the Strategic Business Manager in terms of the investment requirement of the company
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Strategic Business Manager and Executive Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Banking or other related disciplines / fields
- A Master’s in the above-stated disciplines / fields would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of progressive and relevant experience in corporate or investment drive.
Skills / Competencies:
- Good report writing, and research skills
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer technology (internet, word processing, spreadsheets, database, etc.)
- Fluency in English (other languages may be an added advantage).
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: Chairman / CEO
Directly Supervises: Human Resources Officer
- Maintains and enhances the organizations’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives to align with the overall business strategy
- To be responsible for recruitment and staffing of the company
- Undertaking employee on boarding, development, needs, assessment and training
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall human resources strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Assists Divisional and HODs in defining departmental goals and key performance indicators (KPI); track and monitor KPIs and deploy appropriate interventions
- Oversee and manage the performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys, scheduling, and conducting job evaluations
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
- Develop HR financial plan and budget, ensure the management of cost and resources
- Provide employee-oriented framework and high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, productivity, quality and standard as well as goal attainment.
- Take the lead in charitable giving on behalf of the company
- To be responsible for development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization business goals.
- Coordinate all HR activities including Talent Acquisition, Career Management, Learning and Development, Performance Management, Policy Implementation and Staff Welfare.
- B.Sc Degree in Human Resource Management or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in a similar role, with at least 5 years in management capacity
- Must possess CIPM, SHRI or any relevant and recognized HR professional certification
- MBA is an added advantage
- Experience and knowledge of Oil & Gas is an added advantage.
- Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong capabilities in HR strategy formulation, talent sourcing, talent engagement and retention.
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly proficient in problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Proficiency in Human Resource Information Software (HRIS).
Deadline: 5th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.