Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. Our company is focused on industry-leading divisions with innovation power and global scale: pharmaceuticals, eye care and generic medicines.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cluster Head, English West Africa
Job Type: Full Time
- Degree in Business, Science or Finance; MBA desirable
- Fluent English mandatory. Plus French and/or local African language very desirable.
- 3+ years in Country General Management (or multi-country experience in a single function may be considered).
- Ideally with experience in Africa or other developing region, leading cross-functional and/or cross-divisional teams.
- Knowledge of branded and generic therapy development, commercial, retail and distribution.
Major Accountabilities of the Role
- Ultimate accountability for the strategy, operations and business results for the Cluster. Driving a sustainable business and maximizing patient reach:
- Shape business and healthcare landscape in the Cluster, by co-developing and executing on Global Health SSA strategic and operational plans.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from Novartis, Local Governments and NGOs to establish and foster sustainable, innovative partnerships that lower barriers to access and strengthen health systems.
- Full adherence to P3 principles and ethical behaviours across the Cluster.
- Support the advancement of Global Health and Corporate Responsibility flagship programs across the Cluster (Malaria, Leprosy, Sickle Cell Disease & Chagas Disease)
- Appropriately support and leverage the Global Functions/Teams present in the Cluster to ensure One Novartis success across the Cluster.
- Execute pricing to gain new segments and increase market share in the Cluster:
- Collaborate with key business partners to optimize the full portfolio and make it more flexible to increase volume.
- Construct access models tailored to disease areas
- Develop and implement tailored distribution strategy per segment.
- Reposition Novartis as a leader in Tender across the Cluster.
- Operational Excellence
- Execute initiatives to further improve productivity and operational excellence across the Cluster.
- Represent the Cluster in key meetings and events
- Represent Novartis in relevant external associations, conferences, labor relations meetings etc. to advocate and build Novartis Africa brand across the Cluster:
- Represent Cluster in all SSA meetings, relevant internal boards, events, etc.
- Leadership within the SSA Leadership Team
- Influence beyond the Cluster by sharing best practices, expertise and experience to shape SSA strategy, innovation and initiatives.
- Contribute to talent strategy execution across SSA and broader Novartis.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online