CFS is a multi faceted financial services company offering tailored financial services and solutions to individuals and companies. We provide a diversified range of financial services.Our services include Private, Business, Corporate and Mortgage Banking, Assets management, Stock Broking, andnInvestment Banking (Financial Advisory; Debt & Equity Capital Markets and Project & Structured Finance), Bureau De change, Pension Fund Administrator and Insurance Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Maryland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Operations, Research, Statistics, Math, Economics, or related analytical discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with experience in the financial services sector, and an investment banking experience will be a plus.
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Investment or a related field of study is an added advantage.
- Relevant finance-related certification(s) is/are an added advantage.
- A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
- Excellent spoken and written communication and experience partnering with an executive team Highly motivated and target driven with a demonstrated experience in investment banking and projects finance including considerable experience meeting commercial milestones (i.e. achieving revenue or profit targets).
- Advanced Excel proficiency of practical experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models.
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills with the ability to work in a goal oriented environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs.
- A SEC sponsored individual is not compulsory but will be an added advantage
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, and Revenue Recognition in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of periodic regulatory reporting and returns
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Coordinate month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with all levels of government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Support investment strategies especially in the aspect of cash and liquidity risks
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Set up and oversee an effective finance structure and system for the smooth running of accounting and finance operations
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Contribute towards all due diligence and negotiation processes.
- Any other duties as directed by management as necessary from time to time.
Deadline: 8th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.