Apata & Ascott Limited – We are a human resource consulting firm that is focused on delivering business value to organizations. We help organizations achieve their objectives by developing and executing strategies and policies that are aligned with business plans and a focus on best practices.
Apata & Ascott aims at striking the perfect balance between organizational objectives and individual career aspirations to bring about a perfect fit between the organization and its human resources. We help create and manage change in organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Working Relationships: Internally: Staff.
Externally: Banking and Financial Institutions, External Auditors, Creditors
- Provide a full financial and management accounting service to the Firm.
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide the Firm’s financial decision-making and development particularly in relation to reserves, expense and income streams.
- Ensure the appropriateness of the key assumptions included in the Firm’s strategic plans and annual budget proposals. Provide advice to management on these matters
- Work closely with the Management Team as part of a mutually supportive senior management team, advising them on the likely financial consequences of all proposed courses of action.
- Maintain contact and liaise with bankers, pension advisors and auditors to ensure the long term financial security and stability of the Firm.
- Participate in meetings of departmental heads as necessary
- Provide a high level of professionalism reflected in a sound budgetary policy
- Maintain records to meet external legal and tax requirements.
- Ensure financial and other reporting systems are maintained to the standards required by the Firm, external auditors and regulatory bodies such as LIRS.
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts aligned to strategic plans and in accordance with guidelines provided
- Ensure the production of accurate monthly management accounts.
- Produce rolling cash flow forecasts, monitor cash position daily and ensure creditors’ terms are met.
- Plan and manage the Firm’s tax liabilities under existing and proposed legislation. Evaluate the tax liability impact of contemplated courses of action, minimise the tax burden and deal with tax authorities.
- Provide full accounting services to other managers including departmental financial analysis and exploring any potential problems with them in order to make appropriate budgetary decisions.
- Provide accounting services for use by management in planning and controlling the work of the Firm including financial accounting, management accounting, forecasting, and budgeting and control systems.
- Undertake such other financial analysis and reporting as requested by the Practice Administrator or the Principal Partner.
- Advise the management on major financial issues as they arise
- Manage and maintain the financial accounting systems of the firm
- Manage and maintain fixed asset and depreciation records
- Produce monthly financial reports for the Firm.
- Manage and maintain the payroll system,
- Compile and submit returns to regulatory bodies
- Willing to live up to firm’s values in a leadership capacity
- Able to work across different denominations
- Age less than 42 years
- ICAN or ACCA Certification
- Masters’ Degree is compulsory.
- Accounting Degree from a reputable university
- Completed NYSC program
- 3 Year’s middle or senior financial management in the commercial sector
- 2 Year’s auditing experience
- Financial budgetary and accounting systems
- Keen understanding of banking systems
- Good grasp of key accounting and database software – Peachtree, Online Banking, Microsoft Office, especially Excel at an advanced level
- Ability to both think strategically as well as micro-manage to ensure operational excellence
- Committed to providing accurate and timely information to a high standard
- Able to work well with non-finance professionals
- Adaptability to changing structures or situations
- Able to demonstrate oral and written communication excellence. Ability to coach and develop colleagues and delegate accountability to encourage staff responsibility and engagement
- Good planner with analytical and problem-solving abilities
Deadline: 18th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Qulaified and interested candidates should forward their updated CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subjectof the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.