PIC Group, Inc., headquartered in Atlanta, GA and established in 1988, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, start-up and commissioning, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Manager
Location: Benin City, Edo
Job Type: Full time
Start Date: Feb, 2021
- We are currently looking for an HSE Manager for a full time position located in Nigeria for a Gas Turbine power station.
- The Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE) Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager with policy oversight from the Corporate Director of HSE and is responsible for managing and enforcing company, local, state and federal rules and regulations as it applies to the Power Plant.
- Furthermore, the HSE Manager handles all activities associated with creating, reviewing, revising and implementing HSE policies and procedures at the plant to maintain compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Additional responsibilities shall include but not be limited, the analysis of industrial accident causes via Root Cause Analysis (RCA), inspection/auditing at the plant to detect existing or potential incident and/or health hazards, determining corrective or preventive measures where indicated.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop or support development of the plant processes and procedures to comply with the obligations of the project permits including Local, State and Federal regulations and ensure that the processes are fully implemented at the plant;
- Provide HSE leadership and direction to all plant personnel;
- Provide oversight and direction to the plant for the day-to-day compliance with permits and regulations including but, not limited to, air permits, operating permits, water permits, wastewater discharge permits, etc.;
- Utilize knowledge of Nigerian safety and environmental regulations to assist plant teams with compliance;
- Develop or support development and implementation of formal employee training regarding all HSE programs with an emphasis on programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, and hazardous materials;
- Monitor applicable Nigerian Regulatory (Electric Reliability) Requirements;
- Provide quality assurance of data reported to various government agencies and corporate entities;
- Represent PIC in the community by promoting our environmental stewardship and by educating the public regarding our activities;
- Provide input to Plant Manager for the annual O&M budgets and analyze the various options for complying with new regulations and changes to regulations and permits;
- The ability to interpret environmental laws and permit requirements, and stay abreast of the changing regulatory landscape to help PIC anticipate and shape potential new legislation that will affect the plant;
- Utilize knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1910 to assist plant teams with health and safety compliance;
- Inspect and audit the plant facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented;
- Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for the company’s use in training, capital projects, hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations;
- Coordinate regular periodic plant environmental audits to ensure that proper regulatory plans are in place and updated as needed;
- Coordinate regular periodic plant health & safety audits to ensure that the facilities are OSHA compliant;
- Assist the Plant Manager’s with the implementation and administration of any ISO 14001;9001 and OHSAS 18001 programs and certifications (if required);
- Prepare and arrange safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions;
- Maintains safety files and records including work-related insurance information, claims, and data;
- Work across departmental boundaries in support of HSE Compliance activities;
- Support the Plant Manager in the preparation of the Monthly O&M report and other periodic reports as required;
- Support PIC Corporate HSE Department on all HSE initiatives that affect the plant.
The successful candidate should be able to read and understand corporate programs, policies, plant drawings, P&ID’s, procedures and instructions specific to the operation and maintenance of equipment. Qualifications must include the following:
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Industrial Safety, Environmental Management or equivalent industry experience;
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a HS&E position preferably in the power industry;
- Extensive experience in the use of personal computers and numerous software applications such as Excel, Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, i-Auditor, ODESIE, Maximo, etc.
- Ability to productively work independently and cross departmental boundaries in support of HSE Compliance;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to effectively organize and facilitate process teams to implement facility improvements;
- Ability to write technical reports, correspondence, and procedures.
- Valid Passport with the ability to travel internationally.
- The HSE Manager reports to the Plant Manager and works in harmony with the maintenance department, operations department, customer and the PIC corporate management team.
- The HSE Manager has a dotted line reporting requirement to the PIC Corporate Director of HSE and coordinates activities between corporate personnel, contractors and plant personnel on matters pertaining to HSE policies.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online