Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Hierarchical & Functional Links
- The ICT Assistant in Maiduguri works under the responsibility of the Base Logistician.
- He supports the base logistician to maintain IT equipment and communication.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1: IT
Provide design, deployment and maintenance of MdM ITC Infrastructure:
- Assist in supervision of the execution of various projects with an IT dimension
- Assist the Log Base in Design and Plan the implementation of each task, included the budget-related aspects, with the Heads of the affected Departments
- Be at the disposal of the Log base for any other tasks they deem necessary · Fulfil the following tasks (some of them being covered in the IT SOP):
- Provide new starters with IT equipment set up to their needs
- Manage the networks across all sites
- Manage network prioritization due to limited bandwidth
- Develop and put in place sound back-up systems
- Establish and enforce various IT policies (setting up e-mails, use of internet, accounts deletion, etc)
- Provide resolution to IT issues (repairs and maintenance)
- Assure the VHF radio stand-by according to the planning, procedures and logistician instructions
- Monitor the MDM frequencies and clear them from none authorized users
- Fill the radio logbook (Location, date and hour of important messages or events)
- Stay close to the radio during his/her working time (to be able to hear all radio calls).
Facilitate the communication between the bases and the employees:
- Transmit messages between bases
- Relay messages from bases or vehicles when the signal is low
- Take messages and transmit them to the appropriate or intended person
Control the radio equipment installation and maintenance:
- Check that the batteries are charged.
- Check that the connections are tightened
- Check that the radio equipment are kept in good condition and clean them every day
- Update the call-signs and all important documents concerning the radio communication in collaboration with the deputy log base;
Assure the radio contacts:
- Make contact with bases and vehicles on the field as soon as possible in the morning (at 8h00 with the drivers) and every day.
- Make contact with the vehicles and other bases according to the procedures or instructions given by the Logistician
- Conduct the 16h00 radio contact (Situation, location of vehicles) and refer to the deputy Log base for eventual messages to send or receive from other bases
Tracking the vehicles that are on the field:
- Monitor the movements of vehicles when they are outside of base
- Track the movements between bases and contact at predefined points or time
- Any other task might be asked by the line manager according to the department workload.
Qualification, Experience and Attribute of the Ideal Candidate
- Degree and post-graduate qualifications (or equivalent) in IT/Networks
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in related work within an INGO or Similar Organization
- Good spoken and written English
- Good knowledge of electrical, hardware and software maintenance and moving is mandatory
- Report Writing, Willing and able to live and work in demanding field conditions
- Good spoken and written English (Speaking, Reading, Writing), Hausa fluent, Kanuri, Fluent
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to solve problems;
- Ability to follow instructions,
- Ability to work both independents and as an effective team member,
- Ability to think and communicate clearly with others
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Rigor, serious, honesty, accuracy.
- Flexible working hours Reporting deadlines Operate in low resource environments
- Able to conduct field travel
- Good communicator with proven organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, team-work, High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Flexible working hours, Healthy and Physical capability of moving equipment,
Deadline: 28th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV and Cover letter to: email@example.com using “ICT Assistant” as the subject of their email
Note: Applications without the subject stated above will not be treated.