MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IP NOC Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Qualification: BSc / HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the configuration, operations and maintenance of optical fibre SDH and wireless network equipment.
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to use OTDR, E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, power meter and other signal testing tools/instruments
- Working Knowledge of Huawei OSN series equipment.
- Working knowledge of Ubiquiti or Ceragon radio.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy technology
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Working knowledge of IP devices will be a plus.
The IP NOC engineer will be responsible for proactive monitoring of Transmission and IP devices across MainOne’s network through the support of Network monitoring systems, perform first-line troubleshooting/fault isolation, resolve where necessary and escalate to other levels for support in line with MainOne’s internal processes:
- Monitor Main One’s network providing a specific update, status, and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Identify and provide at least first-line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures.
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycles or operations.
- Answer all network support related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as tracking escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met.
Demands of the Job
- Will be ready to work on 24 X 7 base depending on the shift roaster to man the network surveillance tools. Also, should be ready to travel to support other MainOne Operations in Africa and beyond.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online