The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Ref Id: R494
Locations: Zamfara, Plateau, Benue and Nasarawa
Job Type: Full time
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive project staff to activities and meeting within and outside of the state
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to individual vehicle use.
- Ensure all aspects of vehicle policy are being followed and enforced during your assignments.
- Inspect vehicle prior to travel to assure all fluids, tires, wipers, belts etc. are in good working order.
- Signal any sign of need for maintenance or other problem with the vehicle to the supervisor.
- Keep vehicle health log updated.
- Ensure the security of the vehicle when outside of the office.
- Ensure the safety of all passengers.
- Submit all expense reports in a timely manner to accounting, properly completed.
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. They are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
Required Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- G2 Completion of Primary Education; Secondary certificate or higher diploma/higher school degree is required
- Candidate who are local indigene of the states of assignments will be highly considered.
- Sound judgment, non-aggressive driving style and good communication skills.
- Valid Driving License.
- A minimum of 5 years’ related work experience.
- Candidate must be proficient with the local language and understanding of terrain is an added advantage.
- Previous experience on USAID funded project or UN Agency or Internationally recognized organizations in proposed state of assignment is highly desirable
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of standard driving practices.
- Defensive driving certificate is an added advantage
- Good driving record.
- Ability to travel to other states if required.
- Mental programs for interpreting and responding to events automatically; and motivations which activate and direct safe behaviour and anticipate problems
- Ability to organize and complete manual and routine tasks as assigned.
- Ability to perform at an acceptable level of control skill.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and active listening skills.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is a must
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSH reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.