Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Advisor Consultant
Scope of Work
- The Laboratory Advisor Consultant will work under the supervision of the Project Director and will be responsible for leading major engagements and activities with relevant stakeholders on HIVST market expansion to include multiple pre-qualified WHO products, coordination and engagements with the laboratory unit of NASCP, MLSCN and other key partners and stakeholders.
The key tasks for the laboratory advisor consultant will include:
- Lead stakeholder engagements on market expansion to include additional WHO pre-qualified HIVST kits in Nigeria and support their evaluation as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to key stakeholders on quality assurance/quality control for HIVST kits.
- Periodically engage with key regulatory agencies on addressing regulatory barriers to HIVST kits expansion.
- Provide technical support to relevant stakeholders on evaluation of new products
- Lead project’s support for confirming the pathway to new product registration, including potential stakeholder orientation to World Health Organization’s Collaborative Registration Procedure
- Support the review of current in-country procedure and process for IVD pre-qualification and registration to align with CRP.
- Build capacity and provide other technical assistance on HIVST as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the project director.
Required Skills and Competence
- Bachelor of Science/Health Science Degree in Medical Lab Science. Master’s degree and fellowship of the MLSCN is desirable.
- Deep knowledge of the HIV laboratory landscape including professional relationship with key stakeholders
- At least 10 years of cognate experience with HIV laboratory programs and NGOs.
- Vast understanding of the intricacies of the public sector laboratory system and familiarity with key stakeholders, donor agencies, and implementing partners is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams and effectively promote information-sharing, collaboration and cooperation
- Good knowledge of the CRP and current issues with evaluation and registration of IVDs in Nigeria
- Full registration with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- Demonstrated ability to attain milestones, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Demonstrated initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent advocacy and communication skills, written and oral;
- Strong computer literacy
Deadline: 25th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using “Laboratory Advisor Consultant” as the subject of the email.