A reputable Health Care Facility is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Lab Scientist
Reports to: Manager, Laboratory Services
Job Term: Full Time
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s in Medical Laboratory Science
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant post-NYSC working experience in similar role
- Must be registered with practicing license.
- Must be experienced in Haematology and Chemical Pathology
- Knowledge in the handling of laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge in use of Standard Operating Procedures in the field.
- BMLS /AMLSCN certificate will be an added advantage.
Skills and Qualities:
- Aptitude for biology and chemistry.
- Patience, decisiveness and meticulousness.
- A desire to contribute to patient care and treatment.
- A responsible and mature approach to work.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Accuracy, with good attention to detail.
- A systematic approach to tasks and the ability to follow instructions and set procedures.
- Ability to both function independently and collaborate with a team
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Good knowledge of laboratory equipment
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
- Process specimens utilizing protocols and technical knowledge
- Develop a suitable standard operation procedure for the Phlebotomy unit
- Maintaining, calibrating, cleaning and testing sterility of equipment
- Perform quality control, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting protocols to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, procedures, etc
- Review results for accuracy and report the results of tests performed to Doctor
- Able to meet Turnaround time and in conformance with applicable confidentiality requirements
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice.
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development (CPD).
- Perform all tasks, duties, and tests related to laboratory services
Deadline: 29th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.