IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal HR Business Partner
About the job
- We are currently recruiting for a Principal HR Business Partner to support our Technical organization, covering Operations, Deployment, Network Operations Centre (NOC), Business Decision Support, Technical Finance, and Project Management Office (PMO).
- Based in Lagos, you serve as Employee Champion, Change Agent, and Internal Consultant to management and employees.
- You will be responsible for driving ongoing alignment of business and people objectives by advising, guiding, supporting, and enabling the leadership and people of our Technical organization to deliver on the business and functional strategies.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Psychology, Business Administration, or any other relevant discipline.
- Specialist Master’s and/ or MBA will be an added advantage.
- +13-14 years’ relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple HR practices, including compensation, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, performance management, recruitment and selection, learning and development, and relevant employment laws.
- Demonstrable ability to build strong trusting relationships to gain support ad achieve results.
- Must be able to envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address complex and competitive business issues, as well as manage multiple business units across same or multiple locations.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Competency Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Management
- Business Consulting
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Collaboration & Partnering
- Making Effective Decisions.
- Relationship Building
- Leading & Influencing.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Engage continuously with functional leaders and teams to identify opportunities to leverage employees’ knowledge, skills and abilities in driving execution of strategic initiatives and programs.
- Consult with line management and provide HR guidance as and when appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR Centres of Expertise (CoEs) to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations as required.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the Employee Relations team and the Legal Department as and when required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management, including coaching, counselling, and career advice.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and enhance productivity and retention.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to enable functional leaders and line managers navigate complex challenges and opportunities with people implications.
- Provide inputs and guidance to functional leaders on unit restructures, workforce plans, talent reviews, and succession plans.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Collaborate with HR Centres of Expertise to ensure effective implementation of talent acquisition, learning and development, performance management, employee engagement, and total rewards programs and initiatives across assigned teams and regions.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Associate Director, HR Business Partnering.
Deadline: 21st January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online